ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Lily

Pink Lily

Here are two to choose from - the second darker version is after I adjust the colours. I think I like the 2nd better but my husband prefers the first.

Name:  Pink Lily-th01.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  73.6 KB

Name:  Pink Lily-th02.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  101.2 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

I like the first one June. It is delicate and pretty and suits the flower really well. The second one is maybe a bit harsh??

Fine WC. I like the second one more with its graphical impact!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Both nice

However, I like the first one because of it's delicate beauty! It really does seem to suit the flower.

Thanks all, it was interesting to know your preferences. I'm thinking the first version may look better if I had left the background white.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hello June.....Ah I don't wanna choose, can't I just like them both....have a hard enough time just deciding what to have for dinner most of the time!
    Ok Ok the first one! It's the first one....yeah that's the one! Ah oh...teeter-tottering, the second one.....Alright I like them both!

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hello June.....Ah I don't wanna choose, can't I just like them both....have a hard enough time just deciding what to have for dinner most of the time!
    Ok Ok the first one! It's the first one....yeah that's the one! Ah oh...teeter-tottering, the second one.....Alright I like them both!
    Eh, eh dear Steve I think that gentle and delicate ladies, with their superior visual perception of tones, hues and nuances, tend to choose the first version, while rougher guys and pragmatic gentlemen would rathe choose the second version. Finally, wisemen, who realize that reality is a whole, a simultaneous, unsplittable yin-yang, make Your zen-like choice! LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

First one for me, it's gentler, but they're both really good
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Tell your husband he don't have a clue. I don't necessarily disagree with him. Just that he disagreed with you. . . big problem. . . after 50 years, he ought to know better. . . hehe.

No, kidding aside, they're both great. I think it would matter a great deal the context. If there was type going on it, what it would be seen around, like a picture on a wall, and all that. Context is so important for these kinds of determinations. Punchy, subtle, etc.

Nice flowers, both variants.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thumbs up

Very pretty and delicate, I would have to go with the first one.