ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: layer panel width + selecting multiple layers

layer panel width + selecting multiple layers

Any chance in the next iteration of the program of making the layer panel wider? Or at least having the option like in other programs of dragging & widening it? It's really fiddly when you have a lot of layers, kind of squinting and fiddling with little buttons etc that cover up the thumbnails.

Maybe the option of choosing a bigger thumbnail size could give us a better view.

Also, it would be nice to have the option of selecting multiple layers using the Ctrl key. I have 2 layers above a painting (1 a filled square background, the second text) and want to select both to move them without losing their position in relation to each other (not moving in the layer list but moving with the arrow keys). But I can't, so had to do them separately. (Also, I grouped them but when I moved the group in the layer list only one layer in the group moved. It's a puzzle to me.)

It's all possible in other editing programs, Photoshop, PhotoImpact, Painter, you name it. It should be possible in AR

If you add your two layers to a group then select the Transform Group option in the Group's menu all items in the group will be transformed. We haven't looked specifically at multi-layer selection yet, there are some tricky issues that would require a lot of work to implement this feature so it may make it to an update but I'm not sure at this time.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt for responding. I'll take a look at the Transform Group option.