ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Jagged, aliased, pixelated lines, when using water color and low pressure. Bug?

Exclamation Jagged, aliased, pixelated lines, when using water color and low pressure. Bug?

Artrage 4.5

Hi,

I reset all settings of the water color brush tool, I changed the tablet settings (inkservice, precise tablet mode for and back) and I updated the Wacom driver for my Bamboo CTH-470, but nothing changes the jagged appearance of the water color stroke with low pressure. This error / problem does not show up in general with low pressure and oil brushes, pencils etc. just in combination with the water color.

Name:  Namenlos.png
Views: 442
Size:  174.0 KB

Is it a bug or do I miss something?

Frank
    Last edited by _Frank; 11-27-2014 at 01:12 AM.

This relates to the resolution of the fluid maps at small stroke sizes and how the pigment bleeds in to the canvas grain - I think we wrote up a technical post somewhere but I can't find it currently.

It's something we're going to be looking at as we revise the paint engine, but I think at the moment small size watercolour strokes on a rough canvas can break up like this.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

It seems at some angles that there is no smoothing / anti-aliasing at all, the steps are overwhelmingly clear. Anyway thanks Matt for your great product and something to look for in the future.

Frank