Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Exhibit - Desktop Wallpaper

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage Exhibit - Desktop Wallpaper

I thought I'd share this because it makes me happy. :lol: I use Windows and like to have my frequently used program shortcuts on my desktop as well as a nice painting or photograph that I did for the wallpaper. When I got a widescreen monitor, I got tired of my desktop being cluttered...I never could find anything. So I decided to do something about it.

I created a organizing wallpaper using Photoshop (because of the being able to move layers around) and put a picture that I painted in ArtRage as the focus...and this was the result. It takes little to make me happy, I guess...but I feel like this is much less cluttered than having all my little icons all on top of my picture. Plus, I get comments all the time from coworkers who see my computer about how much they like it.

I have two different versions of the main template and every so often, I'll change out the display picture for something different.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gallery
    View images
    What a great idea ! You must publish some blancs ! I might use one myself.(don't have the time to do one myself)
    Very cool and very nice styled.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    HEY!, Creationsings, What a great idea, i always change my pc desktop picture but this goes more steps forward,your idea you could have sold to Microsoft i betcha, don't quite know how to do it but am going to work on it and my pc is very old but am going to try, thank you,,,,

Gallery
    View images
    Hanzz, I'd be glad to publish some blanks...What would be the easiest format, I wonder? PSD would be the easiest for me (and for those who own photoshop to modify). But I know not everyone has photoshop. A jpg would be much more limited in the ability to customize but I could do that too.

Hey Lee, Thanks for stopping in and commenting. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with something no matter the age of your computer. The most I had to tweak mine was for the placement of icons and adjust the size of my boxes accordingly.

Gallery
    View images
    These are cool. I like to create custom desktops for myself too. I eventually want a change and have to spend hours making another one. :lol: I particularly like the one with the paper clips.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Erica, what a cool idea!

I love your paper clip one too even though I never use wallpaper!

Gallery
    View images
    YEH BRILL IDEA!!!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    I think most of the graphic programs import PSD.
    Most wall papers on the net are JPG,and some BMP or PNG.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    AHaha, yeah, I love doing that, too! I've made several of those in the past and always feel like making new ones every once in a while. Great stuff!

Gallery
    View images
    hi creationsings,

it's very nice idea but i don't have photoshop or other graphic softwares to combine the way you did. since i have Art Rage, once i finished one painting, i will use it as desktop background. it always nice to see your own stuff in bigger screen and see what's wrong with it. :lol:

would love to know how to create the desktop like yours.