ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I've got my eye on you!

I've got my eye on you!

I was mesmerised by YoannLori's beautiful eye for his avatar, so I pulled one off the net and had a scribble. Not up to his standard, but it was fun doing it.

Attachment 84415

Outstanding

Subject says it all.

Looks like your having fun

It was a late night play, and yes, I was!

Ah, one of those eyes where it's neither strictly blue nor strictly hazel. Adds a level of interest right there when the eye is looking outward at itself, at the eye. . . which of course is one of those conundrums about full self-awareness and deity and so forth in some Eastern philosophies. . . but I digress.

Meanwhile, back at the 'This was fun to paint' ranch, I think it's great. I mean you're painting it in your own style and voice which is the perfect thing for you to be doing. I mean who else are you supposed to be? And you style is really cool in this context as well as doing horses and television vikings and stuff. It's a cool style and what would be weird would be if you had it half your style and half somebody else's. It could possibly look a little uncertain of who you are as an artist and beg the question about what your vision is about. . . something you are quite clear about.

I know, I know, none of this is even part of what you're talking about, but I'm having fun now too, foaming at the mouth.

I'm quite sure it was great fun and the kick you were having with it definitely shows in the final piece. Very existential. . . I mean it looks well. . . I mean it looks great, CopeSpeak! Good job. Keep having more and more fun! Gives us some fun as well seeing your stuff.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-26-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Foaming at the mouth you might be, but I do enjoy your commentaries!

I do like it a lot because it's very painterly
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Splendid....really.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Nicely done!

Eyes are beautiful and you captured that depth of personality that sines through.

Fantastic eye, marvellously painted ... but it doesn't look exactly like YoannLori's, LOL apart from the wonderful colors and the piercing and smart look. It's rather a charming lady one I'd say.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!