Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Art Rage Paintings, done from life

new sketch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DONNASTAGE4.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	90796

Few masterful brushstrokes and .... voilą! Fantastic. Maybe just a little toned down as chroma.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Few masterful brushstrokes and .... voilą! Fantastic. Maybe just a little toned down as chroma.
    thanks Caesar, do you mean you think it is too saturated or too desaturated?

Perhaps alittle bit too desaturated in my modest opinion (maybe it was made so purposedly though).
    I see it like there were a sort of grey glazing overlayer which takes colors and tonal range without a somhow limited tonal and chromatic range, but the PC I'm now on has a quite poor and old screen, so I might be wrong ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Perhaps alittle bit too desaturated in my modest opinion (maybe it was made so purposedly though).
    I see it like there were a sort of grey glazing overlayer which takes colors and tonal range without a somhow limited tonal and chromatic range, but the PC I'm now on has a quite poor and old screen, so I might be wrong ....
    no i think you are right the saturation is quite low... ill keep an eye on that in the future, thank you

You have a really nice "Painterly" feel. I especially like the impasto Still Life.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Still looking great. As mentioned, you do have a really swell painterly style through which you convey some really great attitudes in your models.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream