ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jill's Roses

Jill's Roses

I spent a ridiculous amount of time on this painting, and will probably refine it a bit more.

My friend Jill gave me a 'Pierre de Ronsard' rose bush, and it flowered really well this spring. She loves them and hates them because the tightly packed heavy bundles of petals, and the profuse flowering make it all drag the stems downwards. So I staked mine up early.

The flowers have no perfume, but are glorious and last a long time in the vase.

I photographed them with great pleasure, and thought a painting was in order.

Attachment 84313

They are beautiful!

So delicate and such a lovely color. The vase is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    I spent a ridiculous amount of time on this painting, and will probably refine it a bit more.
    And absolutely worth every hour spent on it.....I really like it!
    Tweak away, it's only going to get more beautiful.......Take care,
    Steve

Thank you guys for commenting!

Marilyn Anne, it's the most beautiful vase. I found it while shopping for furniture and it was so reasonably priced, I bought it for a treat. I didn't buy furniture, so I felt OK.

When I put flowers in it, they look just gorgeous.

Steve, I have seen a couple of spots after I uploaded it that need a tweak. I'll do it and upload again.
    Last edited by copespeak; 11-19-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Magnifique! Beautiful coloring and texture.

If you'd not told us about the odorless flowers, I'd've just as soon conjured up the scent
    I can feel the weight of the blooms pulling down.

I love how even the vase is organic -- AND perfect that way.

Wow! What's not to like about those beauties, droopy or not. The painting looks great. I can see what took you so long too. Based on that level of complexity, when Jill gives you a passel of carnations, thank her kindly but send her packing. You have to wonder about whether her intentions are to befriend you or drive you cross-eyed.

Anyway, They're lovely. And you're right, I sniffed my monitor and there's no fragrance coming through. The perfect level of verisimilitude. All flash and no scent. Good job!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I didn't understand if the "ridiculous amount of time" means lot of time for patiently draw and paint so many exquisitely detailed roses or a very short one because of Your extraordinary skill and practice, but I'm sure I love this painting very much and I'm not a floreal and stll lives fan, unless they have pronounced and/ or artistic value and features
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I didn't understand if the "ridiculous amount of time" means lot of time for patiently draw and paint so many exquisitely detailed roses or a very short one because of Your extraordinary skill and practice, but I'm sure I love this painting very much and I'm not a floreal and stll lives fan, unless they have pronounced and/ or artistic value and features
    I sound a bit mean, don't I Caesar, relegating these roses to the not-worth-it basket. I did choose to do them because they are so beautiful, and I knew my love of detail would make me do each petal!

I have so many things to do over the next few weeks, and I should have been doing them instead. I'm donating a raffle portrait at the Dog Lure Racinging Club we go to with the dogs. That's next Sunday! And I'm judging an Art Show at our state's (Victorian) Canine Museum Art Show, which is huge, and I would like another doggie portrait to go there to show what I do ... in a couple of weeks. And, I've got a pair of rabbits pencil to do as well for someone to gift elsewhere..

Thank you Rachelle, and Mr Akey, so sorry I revealed they had no perfume, I can just see you sniffing the monitor!

Robyn, such a beautiful painting, hope you showed this to your friend

Hi Pat, no I haven't yet! Maybe I will do a nice print and give it to her for Christmas.