Thread: Files corrupted??

Gallery
    View images

Files corrupted??

I am finally on my new tablet pc and I am trying to download the free version to test it out. I am getting a files corrupted message when I try to download.
    I am trying to download the english version for windows. I am on a Tablet PC running Windows Vista.

Please advise! Thanks!!! I really look forward to trying this out on the new machine!
    It's the first thing I went to download to play with!!
    Denise

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Sorka,

if you're getting a corrupted archive or corrupt file message when you double click the file you've downloaded, most likely the download is failing for some reason partway through.

One good way to check this is to check the size of the file. The size, if you right click the file and click on properties, for the 2.2 free version for Windows is : 2.96 MB (3,108,782 bytes). If it's anything other than that, it looks like you're having a problem and the download's not completing.

Not to worry though, if there's an internet problem between you and us, you can also get hold of ArtRage from a mirror site like Tucows. Here's the page for the Free version. http://www.tucows.com/preview/375689

Give that a shot and let me know how you get on. If you're still having problems downloading I'd be happy to help. Also, do let me know what the exact error message is if you can, and when you're getting it, whether it's during the download or when double clicking the file.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Dave.
    I will give your suggestions a try and get back to you! I am just so happy to finally have this darn machine in my hands after all the delays! I am looking forward to trying out your program on it as I am sure it will meet my current needs for some graphic design!
    thanks!!!

Gallery
    View images
    well I just tried again and it downloaded like a charm! The odd thing before was that it got through the download and then I was getting those errors after the install actually started. But all is well now! Now I get to play!!!
    Thanks!
    Denise

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Sorka,

Great Blog!

This may inspire you to go for "Knitting without yarn." :lol:

It's a wip, something I never took any further.
    A trial of how to make Artrage do cross-stitch.

Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.