ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aloha Mühe'e!

Aloha Mühe'e!

"Mühe'e" is the Hawaiian word for "squid"... I thought it was appropiate.

I used to have a bright red vintage Hawaiian shirt that I inherited from my father, from the time he went to Honolulu many years ago... Apparently he just wore it once and decided the retina-searing color was too garish for his taste... I certainly enjoyed wearing it, but alas, I have it no more.

Anyway, that shirt was the inspiration for the squid and the lei (flower garland) the squid is wearing is identical to one I received last week at surf rock concert.

All art assets were done in Artrage, but I did use another program to move a handful of layers around (I wish we had this feature natively) to create the background quickly. The sharks look very much alike, but each one was done individually; they look more organic this way.

This one was fun to do, thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy it!
    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -S. Beckett

Awesome! I love especially the colors and the flower touches put on the squid.

Loki... This is a very good picture you have captured the feeling of a coral reef.....And a hoola girl,,,, Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Ooo, very cool squid! Excellent style.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

ahh so this is what is looks like in the octapusses garden beautiful

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

very good work with life ,fantaisy and beauty,i dreams every day to become a mermaid!!!and thanks loki for your comments with my job,my french is bad,but i resist!!!what do you want to say with "skunk"because i know this world but the sens doesnt go with my love scene : 8) 8) kiss2 ka
    life art sweet sun child night body ocean clouds silk colors blood bones heart pain love art:life,if you want to show my all and very different works http://kaone.artblog.fr

Youve captured the life and colour of a reef, excellent !

now..........which suckered feet should i put forward for dancing!!??

Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

LOKI

I REALLY LIKE YOUR PAINTINGS, THIS IS REALLY GOOD

Beautiful! Love the style! Kind of reminds me of a high-class childrens book for educational purposes! Gorgeous :!:

Nice! Looking good Loki! That is a vibrant image with plenty to see without being busy and a bright and cohesive color scheme. Well done.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM