ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovely Puppy .... and another one 5.12.14

Lovely Puppy .... and another one 5.12.14

At the last Artist Market, I took a few candid photos of passers by. I loved the reference for this one for lots of reasons. They were just a lovely group that really tell a story.

Trying to work on my scratchy style with a bit of outline and a bit of mess. I'm not sure it all works, but it has some nice spots.

Attachment 84137Attachment 84138Attachment 84139Attachment 84140
    Last edited by copespeak; 12-05-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Can see why you picked this one, it's sweet...Thinking mom and daughter walking a new puppy....I enjoy your 'scratchy style' Robyn..and its definitely working, wouldn't worry about. It's a wonderful story telling style you've got going on there...Keep it up, I love it!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

All you closet doo-wopers sing out: And they called it puppy lovely. . .

It's a very charming look at a real slice of life. That dog is going to be so loved! Wow. Lucky pooch.

I like the style in this instance. It really does lend itself to complex images, and you managed to get personalities and all the telling details of the passers-by and of course the doggie, the body language, attitudes, the whole bit. It all seems very familiar, read: genuine. What I find particularly interesting is that you managed to get volume in a not necessarily volumetric technique -- meaning it's sort of linear and scratchy. But it reads full and solid, not what I would expect to be technique driven but the technique is really want drives it in essence. I mean I've seen you doing this for so long now successfully it shouldn't surprise me, but it really works at a distance as well as in a solo portrait. Very cool how you just keep expanding it out onto different types of subjects.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You're so kind Mr Akey and Steve.

I enjoyed that so much I did another. Now my shoulders are aching and my brain is yelling loudly for a wine and dinner. It's a good thing the fella is off working away for a week, so I don't have to fuss. When he's away I always pump lots of work out.

Here's the next one. I badly want to translate these into natural media and it's amazing how doing it on AR gets you some idea on how to proceed.

Attachment 84141

Attachment 84142

Attachment 84143

Exceptional paintings, style and models (both human and canine ones), dear Robyn! You never cease to stun us with Your masterpieces!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Love them!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Thanks guys!

These are gorgeous

Personal and sweet. Beautifully drawn and would indeed make great paintings in the physical realm.

These are really fantastic Robyn.....They're like exceptionally well done illustrations in a book, just have to come up with a better name then 'Day At The Artist Market'....
    Hope your well....You take care!
    Steve

Super stuff Robyn!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/