ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: XNA - synthetic life

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    XNA - synthetic life

    just finished listening to The Sixth Extinction... by James Rollins an interesting exploration into some the the leading edge work with synthetic DNA and XNA... so I conjured up this soup of various life forms and colors... maybe found somewhere I am sure AndreaMG will let us know exacty where otherwise I hope you can just enjoy this as a creative mark making exercise and color exploration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XNA - synthetic life.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	518.3 KB 
ID:	84135  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,816
    What a glorious and luscious soup this is Gary. Love that saturated blue!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    On the Atchison, Topeka and the DNA. . .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmBKHSZ1pcU

    and on the Night Train. . .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTcjXhGbxU

    I'm enjoying looking through the portrait and landscape portals into separate worlds. . . Rungs on the climb of the artist's double helix. . . rearranged for interest, naturally.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    What a glorious and luscious soup this is Gary. Love that saturated blue!
    thanks Robyn... I am a sucker for that blue myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    On the Atchison, Topeka and the DNA. . .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmBKHSZ1pcU

    and on the Night Train. . .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTcjXhGbxU

    I'm enjoying looking through the portrait and landscape portals into separate worlds. . . Rungs on the climb of the artist's double helix. . . rearranged for interest, naturally.
    hey you got my number on this one... I love the two musical tracks... now that is real swing!... gotta love it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,035
    Hello Gary.....Been meaning to read this, friends told me it's similar to Crichton, and I've always enjoyed his books.....Haven't read a Rollins book before though....Give me the word friend and I'll read it! Really like the mix you've conjured up for us in this latest painting....Brillantly mixing blue Xeno nucleic acid with brown DNA acids with just a wisper of RNA biopolymers....My friend, you've succeeded....It's alive! And Gary....you already know I have a sweet spot in my heart for synthetic biological artificial lifeforms.....
    Thanks for checking in on me while I was gone...
    Take care friend,
    Steve

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    I don't know which sport and league XNA is, but I really love to assist to this rutilant colors and brushstrokes match, whoever is the winner! LOL Exquisite one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    Haha this one was tricky, that's because you scattered and disassembled the prime image into its tiny bits of alien dna so it took me a while to reassemble it, but at the end I succeeded as you can see ... with this remarkable art piece you masterfully represented the encounter between human and an alien form of life

    Name:  Aliens.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  88.1 KB
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Haha this one was tricky, that's because you scattered and disassembled the prime image into its tiny bits of alien dna so it took me a while to reassemble it, but at the end I succeeded as you can see ... with this remarkable art piece you masterfully represented the encounter between human and an alien form of life

    Name:  Aliens.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  88.1 KB
    Ahahahah I told You all and himself that Gary isn't but an alien, concealed and working as an artist .... I only wonder whether he's synthetic or not.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hello Gary.....Been meaning to read this, friends told me it's similar to Crichton, and I've always enjoyed his books.....Haven't read a Rollins book before though....Give me the word friend and I'll read it! Really like the mix you've conjured up for us in this latest painting....Brillantly mixing blue Xeno nucleic acid with brown DNA acids with just a wisper of RNA biopolymers....My friend, you've succeeded....It's alive! And Gary....you already know I have a sweet spot in my heart for synthetic biological artificial lifeforms.....
    Thanks for checking in on me while I was gone...
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Steve glad you like this one, I got this as an Audible book, which I like to listen to while walking... I am so please you have that sweet spot for synthetic biology!!..

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I don't know which sport and league XNA is, but I really love to assist to this rutilant colors and brushstrokes match, whoever is the winner! LOL Exquisite one!
    so funny!... and thanks dear friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Haha this one was tricky, that's because you scattered and disassembled the prime image into its tiny bits of alien dna so it took me a while to reassemble it, but at the end I succeeded as you can see ... with this remarkable art piece you masterfully represented the encounter between human and an alien form of life

    Name:  Aliens.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  88.1 KB
    Oops! you caught me right in the thick of it!... Caesar will be thrilled that you have found a recent photo of me on my last vacation!...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Ahahahah I told You all and himself that Gary isn't but an alien, concealed and working as an artist .... I only wonder whether he's synthetic or not.
    ah yes AndreaMG got lucky and found a smartphone photo of me taken last summer... note the slight UV burn.. this is a very accepting forum so I don't anyone will boycott art done by a synthetic life form

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    Such creative work

    Love all the colors and shapes and motion. Amazing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •