ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Poppy's To Remember

Poppy's To Remember

As we are not so far from 11-11,whats in Europe(most of it any way) is Remembering Day.,i made this.......(and i'm getting older also,lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lovely image Rondo!

In the US Nov. 11 is Veterans Day. It was originally called Armistice Day to honor the Veterans from World War I. Now it is to honor all Veterans.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Nov 11th is Remembrance Day in Australia.

Blast it as I thought Remembrance day was to remind us that another war is Due as its the only

way to keep the populace down ???? the World we live in you pays yuh money and you takes

your Choise POZDRAWSKI

Brilliant illustration. Really first rate Rondo. Nice craftsmanship.

Memory is certainly useful. It can be a curse and a blessing all at once. Since we have memory, best use it wisely and aspire to better things than before. I once took a class on depression and one of the things they featured was the negative spiral looping over and over based on something happening that usually sets it off -- a familiar triggering. And as you might expect, the trick is to be conscious enough to break the pattern of habitual response.

An old comedian had a joke, "Doc, it hurts when I do that." Doc says, "Then don't do that." I wish. Sadly, I can understand where Mr Ploos' coming from. You see it enough times, one can get a bit cynical. The sacrifices were real though, we all can agree on that, and that quality and effort is worthy of commemoration, without doubt.

Hope there's a lesson learned at the same time. It's the child of the 60s in me coming out I suppose. It's just hard to look at all the sacrifice and ponder that there has to be a better way. And therein lies the koan.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

11/11 is not a particular date here (the 1st, 2nd and 4th are) and we don't have any poppy in this season, but this painting and the mood You describe in it are absolutely fantastic! Congratulations!
    November the 4th is when WWI ended on our front (where we hosted also Hemingway) and it's also our Armed Forces Day. A most tragic and sad victory indeed, considering the terrible condition of such a war and the number of dead soldiers of any age from both sides, the youngest being 1899 born. We didn't even get a satisfactory treaty by the main allies in order to get all our past Italian territories ... I'm glad no one has no more intention to fight against each other in Europe, apart on how we should exit this crisis ...
    There's a wonderful ballade thereabout by Fabrizio de André, just a pity Italian language isn't known widely enough to let You hear that song.
    Last edited by Caesar; 11-12-2014 at 03:46 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very seet remembrance!

Soft and lovely poppy field. Very nice!