ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 2 questions

2 questions

Hello
    2 things I have not managed to find in the manual (apologies if I missed them)

1. I like working in Full Screen mode, but sometimes I'd like to have a regular resizeable window so that I can, for eg, have a reference image in preview open side by side. Is there a way to toggle between full screen and window modes?

2. Is there a way to permanently flip the canvas horizontally rather than hold down the h key for a temp view?

Thanks
    Boxy

Gallery
    View images

Re: 2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Boxy

1. I like working in Full Screen mode, but sometimes I'd like to have a regular resizeable window so that I can, for eg, have a reference image in preview open side by side. Is there a way to toggle between full screen and window modes?
    Sure-just like a normal windows window. See the menu bar across the top of the screen? Look on the right hand side-see the little square? Just click on it to change from full screen to re-sizeable window.

Does that do what you meant?

2. Is there a way to permanently flip the canvas horizontally rather than hold down the h key for a temp view?
    Use 'R' for rotate to move the canvas around to any position, 'm' to move the whole canvas on screen.

All of these shortcuts are in the tools menu, just look around a bit! :wink:

Thanks for the reply improv

On a mac there is nothing to click because in full screen mode the window title bar is hidden under the main OS menu at the top of the screen, so I can never get to the resize/close/hide buttons. This is why i wondered if there was a keyboard shortcut.

R doesn't actually flip the image (for eg if I had a face profile looking to the left and I wanted to flip that to look to the right and then work on the image so it is permanently looking right).

At least these are the conclusions I came to which provoked the questions, hoping I missed something else though
    Cheers
    Boxy

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxy
    On a mac...
    Mac? Sorry pal, this is where I bail out of this thread. Hope someone else like DaveRage can help.

Cheers
    8)

No problem, thanks anyway
    Cheers
    Boxy

Is this the same Boxy from the Unity forums? If so, hi!

There should be a little tool bar up at the top of the screen that has the Zoom button. It's the square shaped middle one on the right. To the left of the X.

-Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh you see now that is just embarrassing In my defence though, I've not yet used that top bar for anything so I never really looked at it ha!

It is me by the way, good to see your name - I haven't had chance to touch Unity for an age!

Cheers
    Boxy

Gallery
    View images
    On the Mac, you should be able to make ArtRage a window by clicking the icon just to the left of the X in the toolbar posted above. You can toggle it back to full screen with the same icon. The window is not resizable currently on the Mac due to the problem of the default OS X drag handle obscuring some of the interface when Windowed, so it is a fixed size.

However, if you are running the Full Edition of ArtRage and need to have a reference image open to work from, did you know you can load reference images directly into ArtRage and pin them on your canvas? They can be moved around, rotated, resized, zoomed into and out of and so on. This feature can be accessed by going to the Tools menu, and selecting "Load reference image", then choosing the image file you want to use. You can have a whole bunch of these open at the same time if you like.

Regarding the second question, in ArtRage 2.2 when you flip the image, there's not a way to keep it flipped. That's another thing we have noted down in our small ( hah! ) list of suggestions
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Great, sorry, should have been more thorough with the reference image too
    Cheers
    Boxy