ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2 and Left Handed

Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2 and Left Handed

Hi!

I'm frustrated. I have a new iPad2 air, love this thing, got it specifically for drawing and ArtRage since I like your application so much. I've just done work with a regular stylus but I want that pressure sensitivity. I'm frustrated with the Intuos creative stylus. It is way off from the bottom of the tip depending on the angle I'm at. Seems weird, but if I use my right hand, which I'm not, it seems to work like a charm! The tip of the brush stroke is incredibly close to the tip of the stylus for finer line joints. What the fuck is that? Does the world hate me and want to abuse me like an unwanted red headed step child just because I'm a leftie? Please advise if you know the situation with this, if this stylus is specific to right handers, or that's how it was engineered. Secondly, I can not find the pressure sensitivity properties on the iPad version of ArtRage. If you guys haven't set it up with all the features you have with the desktop....... you should, seriously, I want the iPad JUST BECAUSE of this ability to draw directly on the surface. It's like the perfect forever sketchpad so finding the right stylus, with pressure sensitivity and without that side to side nonsense where the tip doesn't land on the end of the stroke making drawings excruciatingly difficult to finish without throwing the stylus and iPad across the room, is super important.

Thanks,

OK I'm a prude - I can see you are angry but could you refrain from using profanities when asking for assistance.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    OK I'm a prude - I can see you are angry but could you refrain from using profanities when asking for assistance.
    Oh c'mon. Have a sense of humor.

Admin,

Basically if I turn the iPad upside down, then it works great. But this can be annoying like say if I'm sitting down and want to paint something right in front of me then I the iPad will have to be flatish while I work with it upside down.

So what's the status? It does look like this is a software issue and not a hardware issue. Really though, I really like this app so if there's some kind of left handed ability or if there's options for the pen? I can't find these options on the iPad and the site seems to only reference the desktop version.

Thanks,

The offset of the input point to the tip of the stylus is a limitation of the hardware and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. Wacom provide tools in their SDK to help correct this offset, and we have implemented those tools, but the result is that the input point we are provided will be correct when the stylus is held in a right handed position at roughly 45 degrees and offset at other angles, it's not a solution for all angles. There isn't a way for us to fix this.

Pressure support is in there. If the stylus is connected then we process pressure input for the tools in the same we way do in the desktop version. We don't provide options for adjusting what pressure is attached to in the tool but the iPad version will do things like adjust the amount of paint being applied with the oil brush or the width of the ink pen stroke.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    The offset of the input point to the tip of the stylus is a limitation of the hardware and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. Wacom provide tools in their SDK to help correct this offset, and we have implemented those tools, but the result is that the input point we are provided will be correct when the stylus is held in a right handed position at roughly 45 degrees and offset at other angles, it's not a solution for all angles. There isn't a way for us to fix this.

Pressure support is in there. If the stylus is connected then we process pressure input for the tools in the same we way do in the desktop version. We don't provide options for adjusting what pressure is attached to in the tool but the iPad version will do things like adjust the amount of paint being applied with the oil brush or the width of the ink pen stroke.
    Freaking Wacom and their right handed bias. I should throw tomatoes at them and campaign that they are discriminating against left handed people. Hey, just because back in the day they used to force people to write with their right hand and wipe their ass with their left doesn't mean us left handers wipe our ass and write with the same hand, (maybe some still do). I was thinking they probably had the workaround and the iOS SDK they provide for it would have these kinds of options... but no it only works with freaking right handers. Sonofabizatch. Man! They should have thought about this that by simply reversing the angles for lefties would probably not be that difficult if they coded it right. *sigh* I might have to do some trade ins to get the right stylus.

Do you know if the fineliner is the same way? With the other styluses available, does the Pogo have this issue as well? Do you know off chance if ALL these styluses have this right handed problem? Really all I want is the pressure sensitivity, I don't really care about the angle in which the pen is positioned (for instance like the airbrush setting, the paint direction depends on the angle of the pen).

The fineliner has the same issue. I believe that it relates to the fine tips and a sort of 'capacitive shadow' cast by the body of the stylus - Styluses with larger tips won't necessarily have the issue, the Pogo seems fine for example.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

suggestion

Dear Ambient Design Ltd.,

could you please add a setting "left-handed" for your ArtRage app similarly like Wacom has for their Bamboo app?:

Name:  IMG_0017.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  15.9 KB

We will look in to it as we work on our new update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    Dear Ambient Design Ltd.,

could you please add a setting "left-handed" for your ArtRage app similarly like Wacom has for their Bamboo app?:

Name:  IMG_0017.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  15.9 KB
    I agree with you, I need this fixed as soon as possible otherwise I just spent $100 for nothing, I have to go back to the old stylus for now.
    That works no problem this is a bit of an oversight.

We have implemented the left-handed switch and are testing it currently. It won't help with situations where the angle of your hand changes during painting - the input point will still drift with the fine tip stylus, but if you have the stylus in your left hand and the angle doesn't change it should be more accurate. We will let you know when we have submitted the update to the store.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.