ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Here's A Thanksgiving Day Festivity You've Never Seen," A Turn of the Table"

Here's A Thanksgiving Day Festivity You've Never Seen," A Turn of the Table"

This idea is something started way back around 1980. Back then while attending college I did some volunteer work for the school newspaper as layout editor. For the Thanksgiving Day week publication I created this cartoon humor pen and ink drawing that was included in the newspaper. The pen and ink drawing was used for this color version that I have recently decided to create using Art Rage 4. Loaded the original pen and ink drawing into one layer and then colorized the image on another with tools in Art Rage 4: airbrush, palette knives, oil brush, lettering, a few strokes with other tools. So far the image looks like this. Below the colorized version I will include the original pen and ink drawing created back around 1980 with natural media tools, there were no computers back then. I hope the viewer does consider this as funny even though it may be in bad taste.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turn of the Table Pen and Ink Drawing Colorized 20.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	409.5 KB 
ID:	84026  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 11-04-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Pen and Ink Drawing Reference

Here is the original pen and ink drawing from natural media created back in 1980 as mentioned above. One exception is the grey outside matte with lettering "Turkey for Thanksgiving? or Thanksgiving for Turkeys?", that part was added with a graphic arts program some five years ago while experimenting with the original drawing.

Name:	Turkey For Thanksgiving copy.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	373.9 KB 
ID:	84028  

There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

You're an awfully good painter, dear Stephen! Excellent one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Just brilliant Stephen, you've put so much work into it.

Works for me, as I'm a vegetarian!

Hahah. Very good poster against turkey for Thanksgiving. Certainly a scenario for which those birds should be grateful. Just don't expect me to reach in to get out the stuffing. Yeesh!

Fun processing with that sort of woodcut kind of look. Worked great, didn't it.

Nice work and holiday cheer, there Stephen!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Edited Improvements

Decided to make a few changes to the color image here. Believe the changes to the top lettering and background plus a few improvements have created better balance in the composition of the image.

Name:	Turn of the Table Pen and Ink Drawing Colorized 22 Signed.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	409.3 KB 
ID:	84097