ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Posting ArtRage Files On The Forum

Posting ArtRage Files On The Forum

Any chance that ArtRage's natural .ptg file format could be added to the list of acceptable formats for posting on these forums?
    I see .psd is aloud and it dose seem rather strange that AR's own native format is not.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Due to the large amount of information we track for painting simulation, PTG files tend to be considerably larger than image files. They also contain any references, tracing images, stencils, tool settings and so on associated with the project, so they're not really practical to upload as attachments. Additionally the web system can't see them as standard image files so can't render previews.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank's for the explanation Dave.
    It's always nice to know the why's and why not's off these things.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)