ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jo -Di a crystal flower

Jo -Di a crystal flower

after watching several sci-fi movies over the past couple of days... I guess this just had to emerge... not sure if it is friendly or not...

anyway hope you enjoy the colors and textures..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Jodi-a.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	480.3 KB 
ID:	83998  

Love it Gary! The colours and textures are great, and my mind keeps straining trying to make sense of what might be happening there.

Nothing like a good sci-fi, is there??

Love it Gary....Also have a passion for Sci-Fi movies as well....First glance, first impression...hood ornament on an beast on wheels and its heading right towards me....it's hell on wheels and it's a' comin!
    Well I know this isn't what it is, but you know me! Love everything about.....On my wall it goes!
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-03-2014 at 08:40 AM.

You had to have been watching "The Dark Crystal" Very cool interpretation. Brian Froud is an icon for this kind of fantasy. Either that or you're getting ready for Thanksgiving and have the bird in your crosshairs. After all, what's left after Halloween, eh? Fun image, Gary.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It could be also a cake garnish, dear Gary. I like Your sweet, colorful painting both visually and also as it seems to taste!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Love it Gary! The colours and textures are great, and my mind keeps straining trying to make sense of what might be happening there.

Nothing like a good sci-fi, is there??
    Thanks for your generous comment on this...the fact that the subject is somewhat unclear was a little disappointing to me but I was so attached to that v shape I just created the painting around it. funny so sometimes a particular part of a painting just seems to control everything, and it is almost impossible for me to paint over it... sigh.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Love it Gary....Also have a passion for Sci-Fi movies as well....First glance, first impression...hood ornament on an beast on wheels and its heading right towards me....it's hell on wheels and it's a' comin!
    Well I know this isn't what it is, but you know me! Love everything about.....On my wall it goes!
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    LOL thanks Steve for you enthusiasm for this. Do you really put these on your wall? ??? very cool if you do!.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    You had to have been watching "The Dark Crystal" Very cool interpretation. Brian Froud is an icon for this kind of fantasy. Either that or you're getting ready for Thanksgiving and have the bird in your crosshairs. After all, what's left after Halloween, eh? Fun image, Gary.
    Thanks DAkey I was a fan of that movie... lots of interesting characters and landscapes..

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It could be also a cake garnish, dear Gary. I like Your sweet, colorful painting both visually and also as it seems to taste!
    are you hungry? talking about cakes makes me want to go out for a slice and a coffee... come on lets go !!.

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    after watching several sci-fi movies over the past couple of days... I guess this just had to emerge... not sure if it is friendly or not...

anyway hope you enjoy the colors and textures..
    Wow, what a wonderful tribute to the GREAT MAZINGER, here's a scaled down version (the bigger one was to large to upload ). BRAVO and such a great choice of colors and impression of movement you got there

Name:  mazinger.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  133.0 KB
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    LOL thanks Steve for you enthusiasm for this. Do you really put these on your wall? ??? very cool if you do!.
    As matter of fact I do, about two hundred paintings...favorites from your gallery and others from the forum....and of course mine as well. They are playing on a flatscreen in my dining room from a media player, it's like my own little art gallery.....Plus much more pleasant then watching TV while eating dinner....And yes, there is music as well!
    Thanks Gary......Take care,
    Steve

Very colourful and vibrant.

Wish I knew how you paint your stuff - always lots to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Wow, what a wonderful tribute to the GREAT MAZINGER, here's a scaled down version (the bigger one was to large to upload ). BRAVO and such a great choice of colors and impression of movement you got there

Name:  mazinger.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  133.0 KB
    Or was it rather Goldrake, dear Andrea? Actually I'm older than You, so it all started with him, the Japanese cartoons I mean, You know ...

Since I like food and what's around it, also culturally, dear Gary, finding Your painting also tastful, to move also my papillae imagination, thus adding anothe sense to sight, tactile impressions (textures) and even a sort of music, was a truly compliment.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!