ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Saving paintings

Saving paintings

I know this is trivial, but I wanted to save a painting to my desktop and now it seems it goes there everytime automatically. How do I get it to save where it did originally?

When you go to File/Save As - etc. you can choose to save in any folder.

Name:  jjjjjjj.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  16.3 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Saving paintings

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    When you go to File/Save As - etc. you can choose to save in any folder.

Name:  jjjjjjj.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  16.3 KB
    Thanks, but when I want to open a painting, it no longer shows me any of the paintings I have done, and I don't know where artrage saved them by default!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gepocock View Post
    Thanks, but when I want to open a painting, it no longer shows me any of the paintings I have done, and I don't know where artrage saved them by default!!!
    On my PC they are saved by default to "User/MyUserName/Documents/ArtRage Paintings"

If yours aren't there you can bring up the file explorer and search for one of your paintings by name. I would search the whole C: drive. It may take a while depending on the speed of your computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	83980  
    Last edited by AuntieParticle; 11-02-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Just a guess, but have you got your file extensions showing? Are you looking for paintings saved as .ptg (ArtRage) or exported as .jpg?

Show or hide file name extensions

You mention saving a file (first post) AND opening a file (second) - 2 different things, so I'm not sure exactly what you're asking? You can save your paintings anywhere, you have the choice, so it's hard to suggest a file path where you can look since it's a personal thing where you put them.