ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Batch convert artrage files into jpg (or other format)

Batch convert artrage files into jpg (or other format)

Hi!

I have a folder with ~20 artrage files in it (and lots more to come). I would like to look at these in an image viewer program -after all what's the fun in painting, if you never look at your paintings? So is there a way to batch convert all of these into an image viewer friendly format? (jpg, png, bmp..) Does artrage have some command line parameters I could use in a bat -script? Technically I could save the files one at a time, but then I would be spending more time fiddling with my files than actually painting...

The great thing in Photoshop was that IrfanView could open photoshop files. It's still a blast to go through my old paintings and scraps in IrfanView!

Or is there an image viewer that can open artrage -files?

Thanks!

Ps. I think it's nice that ptg -files have thumbnails in explorer .

Unfortunately there's no way to automate this in ArtRage. I'm not aware of any image viewers that have added support for PTG files at this point.

[EDIT] XnView is able to view ArtRage painting files if you're using Windows, thanks Rondo!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

i think i found one that can open Artrage files
    http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/#formats
    Last edited by Rondo; 11-03-2014 at 02:58 PM.

'Export image file' saves paintings as .pngs - no problem viewing them - you can still save as .ptg by using the other saving options available in AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    i think i found one that can open Artrage files
    http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/#formats
    I had a look but didn't find .ptg listed there.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

when you look in the list? see a little under the Amiga format......you'l find it
    gere is a screenshot
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/99pjccg4k1...nshot.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by Rondo; 11-03-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks for the info regarding Xnview!

I've just taken a look at that and initially couldn't get it to view Artrage files or thumbnails, but was able to solve that like this:

In XNview by go to Tools -> General and under the 'Operations' tab check 'Display all Image File Types'.

Thumbnails are then shown and double clicking paintings inside the XnView browser opened them in XNView rather than launching ArtRage instead
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

yes indeed, you can also adjust the view panel by dragging up or down the bar,you also can in "properties" view in categories and even histograms in total 500 formats are supported!

I tried installing XNView and so far it worked flawlessly. There is also a very easy way to batch convert artrage -files into a more universal format:

Just select the files in XNView, then Right Click for context menu -> Convert -> jpeg. Now I can view everything in irfanview .

Thanks for help, guys!