ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Home again!

Home again!

We had a wonderful holiday in Singapore - it all went too quickly. The weather, hot and humid as expected but no rain. A beautiful city and so clean and safe. We dined at a restaurant on the banks of the Singapore river. Visited Sentosa island. Enjoyed the light and sound show in Gardens by the Bay. Shopping of course on Orchard Rd and the obligatory Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel.

The cabin crew on the plane made a great fuss of us when they learnt it was to be our 50th anniv. the next day. They had no warning but still managed to produce a beautiful cake for us, made from scratch in the galley. It was delivered to us with a handwritten message signed by the crew and pilots, along with two little bears and glasses of champagne.

For those interested in how to make a cake without flour or eggs - it was made with bananas, breadcrumbs, cream, nuts and chocolate. The flight attendant who made it also makes wedding cakes as a hobby.

The flights were very comfortable - to be able sleep lying flat or curled up on your side as I prefer was a luxury I hadn't experienced before in plane travel. Spoiled now forever!

It's taken me hours to catch up on at the ArtRage happenings and it would take me many more to comment. I've enjoyed seeing what everyone has been doing - all of it inspiring.

A couple of photos.
    Name:  cake-th.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  33.4 KB Name:  us-th.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  17.0 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Welcome back! Yeah, it does seem quick. You guys look adorable. What a lovely couple. Cheers to the next 50 together!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Happy Anniversary June! What a lovely celebration, and it sounds like you were very spoiled. Amazing about the cake, weren't they great?

I went to Singapore in 1970ish, arriving on a boat to catch a flight to UK. I remember how hot and steamy it was, and how I was blown away by the sight of the harbour when we arrived.

Different now, I suppose, though it would still be hot!

Thanks DA and Robyn. Yes still hot and steamy 34C max 27C min - humidity approx 80%. We could see the changes from our first visit in 1989 to this our fourth visit - hard to recognise the city now - even more beautiful with lots of new attractions. The airport is growing too - they are working on a fourth terminal and a new runway.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Hi June....
    Welcome back you two....that did go fast!...Sounds as if you two had a great time of it!
    Glad your back, do some catching up and get to posting some new paintings!
    Take care,
    Steve

Wow that sounds like a very special holiday!.... glad you are back home safe and sound!...

Thanks fellers.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.