ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stepping Diagonal Line in AR 4.5.2 and Monoprice tablet

Stepping Diagonal Line in AR 4.5.2 and Monoprice tablet

Hey Everyone.

I have the 10 x 6.25 Monoprice drawing tablet and I'm running Artrage 4.5.2 in OS X Yosemite.

When I draw diagonally, the lines are "stepping", they're not straight. If I draw slowly, it's very pronounced and if I draw quickly, it's not as bad but still evident.

I have the latest updates on the tablet drivers and the tablet works fine in all of my other drawing applications (PS CC, MS 5, SBP 7, Mischief, Pixelmator).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what did you do to resolve it?

I attached a jpeg of the issue. I also had this same problem in Mavericks before I upgraded, so it's not unique to this version of the OS.

Thanks for your help.
    Chad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	312.5 KB 
ID:	83840  

Could you check that the Snap to Grid option is turned off? Even if the grid is not visible that option can be active and it looks a lot like the stroke is snapping to grid points.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Wow Matt, do I feel dumb! That was the issue.

I must've enabled snap-to-grid when I was trying them out after they were first added to AR and forgot to disable it.

Thanks so much for your help!

-Chad

am I glad to read this!

I've been racking my brain to find what caused this issue - installed new Wacom drivers, searched everywhere ... and it's only this snapping option