ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Knife lock rotation on replay not working.

Knife lock rotation on replay not working.

Hi,

I have ArtRage 4.5.2 on a macbook pro (Yosemite) using a Wacom Intuos Pro small tablet.

I spotted this playback error on a recent painting, and have managed to reproduce the inconsistency between the original painting and the final replay as a simple example.

Just opened up ArtRage with a default canvas. Went to use the flat knife with pressure and loading turned all the way up, auto clean set to ON, and Lock Rotation set to ON with a rotation of 0%. The colour was set to black. Using the tilt in my pen I could then turn the knife around and add some marks that would not rotate while drawing, unless I tilted the pen a little.

I wanted to draw 3 upright marks as follows :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock Rotation Playback not working orig.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	83835

However when I play back it gives me this output :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock Rotaton Playback rotation not working replay.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	83836

Thanks for letting us know, we'll look in to this and see if we can find out what's going on.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Possibly related to the above or me just being dumb. I have read the manual for the Knife tool and it says that when the lock rotation is selected it enables you set a fixed rotation using the percentage slider. I don't seem to see any difference when changing the rotation percentage and my palette stroke remains in an upright orientation.

The rotation only changes with my pen tilt, which I don't have ON in the Stylus Properties.

I have ArtRage 4.5.3 on a macbook pro (Yosemite) using a Wacom Intuos Pro small tablet.