ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some comics-like quick drawing to relax

Some comics-like quick drawing to relax

Imaginary playful excercise ... as inspired by some of works (painting with wizard, owl, framed officer touching a lady) and a guy I saw once getting out from the underground (no bus Mr. Ploos, but certainly You're my greatest example here!) ... Nothing special, but I hope You like also this simple style. BTW the officer is a year 2050 British one, as You may desume from the stick ... LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketches.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	83800  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Yeaah Caesar it looks as if George Orwell was Correct after all Just got he's Dates Mixed up what with

Drones and Camera's on all Buildings and Shops, with Hitler's SS know adopted in all countries soon

will be Eye in the home but then who will be watching Who ???? Yeah it makes you scared to read S.F books as it is

all coming True
    Last edited by eighty+; 10-24-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Caesar...I like your character study, the one in the lower right corner made me think of Uncle Fester of the Addams family...
    Good stuff....
    Take care,
    Steve

Such wonderful, humorous drawings Caesar! Your people are so anatomically correct, they always impress me!

Thank You, dear Sandra! I'm afraid I always a tendency to turn people and their main features into pin-ups, caricaturs or semi-monsters, but that's probably more enjoyable and natural to me than to vainly try real fine art with my skills and even more modest artistry ...

You're too right, Sir McPloos! George Orwell was an absolutely unique visionnaire genius and we're doing our best to turn this qorld into one of the most frightening sci-fi post-catastrophe environment. Thank You!

That's true, dear Steve! Uncle Fester out of an humanized owl! Just removing the feathers ... ehm, the hair from the top of his head! Thank You!

I can assure, dear Robyn, that I didn't dissect any corpse to learn something about anathomy and proportions to draw these figures though, although I confess I saw butcher's dissection of animals and I eat lamb's meat and many other types too, including seafood!LOL Drawing directly, fast and credibly enough human figures and heads, from any perspective, without reference is the little natural talent I have since ever, unfortunately I never substantially grew artistically too far from it ... Thank You!

These are well done Caesar, neat, clean style and expressive...
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Thank You, dear Waheed! Speed and shape drawing are probably the key. The less I work on an imaginary illustration, the most spontaneously and loose I proceed and the neatest are the outcomes of my drawing-prone brain and hand .. eheheh

Marvelous! Really cool drawings, Caesar. You're getting really good at this stuff. That British officer is really great, although I would have thought him German and with a monocle, from the early days of motion pictures in Hollywood. We had a very famous (at the time) film maker/director/actor named Erich von Stroheim who would fit this drawing well. He was a bit notorious and the one who set the cliche for this look of the aristocratic officer of the WWI vintage because he also brought this persona to the screen. But I think he was the real deal. Very few people would actually know him now other than film students.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eric...iw=846&bih=422

And the other characters of course are great, well-known types as well. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear DAkey, curiously I know of V Str., maybe because I'm old enough alas to have seen also some vintage movie scenes. As for Your compliments what can I say? Thank You very much! che si