Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No palm rejection

No palm rejection

I have IPAD3 and wacom intuos creative stylus 2.
    Artrage version 1.6.5. The lastest.
    I can't get the palm rejection feature work sucesfully.
    In setting the multitask gestures are dissabled.
    I connect the WICS2 sucesfully.
    I press the stylus's buttom and a window appears saying that the palm rejection is ON.
    But there is not palm rejection. If a put my hand in the screen it is detected. It is imposible to draw with tha palm touching the screen.

What is missing? What I 'm doing wrong?

Jokinb
    Last edited by Jokinb; 09-18-2014 at 07:07 PM.

At this point touch rejection should prevent strokes being made when you are touching the screen with anything except a stylus, the system just rejects paint strokes that come in with a 0 pressure value. Multitouch gestures can't be disabled in ArtRage so a stroke that starts with a touch from your hand will prevent stroke processing. We will be looking in to expanding the system in the future to change how this works.

Same here

I am experiencing the same "problem". ArtRage doesn't seem to be very clear on the concept of palm rejection, such as it works in Bamboo Paper. I'm not even sure what the point of your idea of palm rejection is. It would also be nice to pair the buttons with actual useful tools, like undo, rather than just switching on or off the palm rejection that isn't really palm rejection.

Also, the app is crashing when resizing the canvas. Ipad 3, no other processes running, fresh reboot, THE latest version of the app.

Other than that, it's a great app.

Regards,

KzooDan

ArtRage currently implements touch rejection by preventing strokes being made by the finger, only the stylus can trigger a stroke when the system is on as I said in my previous post. As we had to implement this new SDK in our original application part way through work on a large update that is the extent of support currently. We will probably look in to disabling multitouch gestures when touch rejection is turned on as Wacom suggest but that was not feasible in the time available.

I'm not experiencing the crash you describe, could you mail [email protected] and let us know the details of the painting you're on and what process you're using and we can look in to it.

I did as you suggested, and emailed ArtRage. For further clarification, when I resize the canvas with Touch Rejection "OFF", the app crashes. It does NOT crash when Touch Rejection is "ON".

Thanks Kzoodan. We got your email, and are looking into the problem. It seems to be related to the latest iOS update, which is why we didn't see it before.

Palm rejection problem

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Thanks Kzoodan. We got your email, and are looking into the problem. It seems to be related to the latest iOS update, which is why we didn't see it before.
    Hello,

I have the same problem. I've installed the last iOS and palm rejection isn't working. Have you solved this issue?

Actually palm rejection did not work even with the previous version of iOS.

Thank you and best regards.

We're about to roll out a very major update to the iPad app, which we're hoping will solve this (and any similar) issues. We're just tidying up the last few issues, and need to wait for iOS9 to come out this week so we can check everything works on that (and then fix whatever iOS9 breaks!).

Excited

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    We're about to roll out a very major update to the iPad app....
    Oh goody. I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement and anticipation.

Still No Palm Rejection with Artrage 2.0 ?

Hi !
    I have the new Artrage 2.0 on iOs 8.4.1 and a Wacom Creative Stylus 2 and there is still no palm rejection...
    Hasn't it been added ? Do I need to switch to iOs 9.0.2 to make it work ?
    Thx !