ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Palm rejection with the Intuos 2?

Palm rejection with the Intuos 2?

Hey guys,
    I've got a Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2 and I've upgraded to ArtRage 1.6.5 as well as rebooting my iPad and clearing out sleeping apps and I can't get palm rejection working. When I try, it zooms in and out or changes the brush size rather than letting me draw. I have multitasking gestures turned off and palm rejection turned on from the switch. I'm not sure if it's related to me being left handed or what. Any ideas what's going on?

EDIT: I saw a post further down which says that palm rejection doesn't work the way I'd expect it to. The way I hold my pen means my palm always touches the canvas before my pen, so that's annoying. Any timeframe on when we can expect to see true palm rejection?
    Last edited by Indoctrine; 10-21-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Wacom's system provides Touch Rejection, it just removes Touch events that do not appear to be associated with pressure input. There isn't true palm rejection in there because the stylus is technically just another finger touch object so the system can't actually tell the difference between that and a palm.

That said we will be looking at whether we can make some changes to help in situations where the initial touch has 0 pressure, which currently causes the stroke to be rejected by Wacom's system if Touch Rejection is turned on.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.