ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Selection tool problems with PC?

Selection tool problems with PC?

Hi, I am teaching a small class in digital painting using art rage. Everyone brings their own laptop. It's hard enough with all the different operating systems, and I'm not very well versed in Windows. One of the windows users couldn't get the selection tool to work. She was using the demo version. It worked in the Polygon Selection tool - some of the time - but not at all in the rectangle or ellipse selection. Is there something funky or different about that in PC. My macbook pro has no problem with the selection tool. OR is it something with the demo version?

Elaine

The mostly likely cause for this is the tablet drivers. Can you get them to work through the following suggestions?

1. Change the input settings in ArtRage. Sometimes ArtRage is getting conflicting information and only a certain combination of options will work.

Open ArtRage and go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Settings.

a. Make sure that Wintab is ON and Precise Tablet and RealTime Stylus are turned OFF.
    b. Restart ArtRage and test.
    c. If that doesn’t help, turn Wintab OFF and RealTime Stylus ON
    d. Restart ArtRage and test

If the stylus does this in other programs, or if the ArtRage settings do not fix anything, try the following:

2) Check your tablet drivers are up to date. These can cause all kinds of strange problems.

To update your tablet drivers.
    a. Uninstall your current driver first (> Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs)
    b. Restart the computer
    c. Download and install the latest version from www.wacom.com

3) Turn off Windows Ink as it can interfere with other programs.

a) Go to Start > Wacom Tablet > Wacom Tablet Properties > Mapping tab
    b) Uncheck "Use Windows Ink" in the bottom left corner

If this doesn't help, please get back to me with more details about what problem you are seeing and we'll figure out what is happening.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thumbs up

Thank you so much Hannah! I will send her the link to this thread. Yesterday she was using a mouse but I thought she did have a wacom tablet that just wasn't working properly, or she wasn't comfortable with it. We will definitely try it and let you know if we have any more problems.

thanks so much!

Elaine

If it doesn't fix it, get her to contact us at support@artrage.com
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!