ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linocut Style

Linocut Style

I did this a while ago and never posted it. Just trying to get that scratched out look. Quite fun really!

Australian Pelican.

Attachment 83749

Hi Robyn, so good to see a new post from you!... this really has the quality of a very nice woodcut with the flat colors slightly textured.. and beautiful handling of the feathers and superbly accurate drawing... and the funny saying..as part of the composition.. a very satisfying piece I would hang immediately. I also liked your decorative border treatment.. ( Any good seafood restaurant would love to have this over the bar ! )

Very unusual and clever - I agree, it would look wonderful as the backdrop in a fish shop. You are such a talented lady.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hahaha. Love it. And I too know the feeling. At restaurants, my bill's often for more food than I can fit into me belly. The pelican should probably ask for a doggie bag.

Fun style, and I'm with everyone. Would be a great sign or poster.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you Mr Akey, June and Gary! I put things away and think they're a bit boring, and then get them out again and .......

Glad to make you all smile! It's very time consuming, but I do like the effect.

How could I have lost this little marvel, dear Robyn! What an astounding vintage look!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I'm glad you finally found it Caesar! Vintage? I never thought of it as that, but you might be right. Just like me!

Brilliant painting and agree with others, it would make a good backdrop in a restaurant.
    Cheers
    Maureen ❇

My Gallery

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    I can certainly see that mounted in a shop on the East Coast.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

All I need now is a shop/restaurant!