ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage 3.5.4 on MacBook Pro/OS 10.9 -- Cursor unreliable/flickers, huge lag

Exclamation ArtRage 3.5.4 on MacBook Pro/OS 10.9 -- Cursor unreliable/flickers, huge lag

I just downloaded ArtRage 3.5.4 (came with my new Intuos Table). I am trying to use it, but most of the time, I can't see where the cursor is on the canvas (I can see the cursor if I am hovering above menus or just generally when using any other application on my Mac). Even when I can see the cursor, it flickers. When I draw a line with any of the tools, there is a few second lag before I can SEE the resulting line. This is essentially un-usable!

This all happens regardless of whether I am using the Intuos tablet with the pen or whether I use my finger on my MacBook trackpad. I tried to go to the ArtRage website to check if there are updated drivers I could install, but I can't even see those for v.3 (everything is only for v.4). I don't want to pay for an upgrade if I'm not sure it will even resolve this problem. I also tried closing all other applications on my Mac while using ArtRage to see if that might make it more responsive/faster--no change.

I've also tried to go to the ArtRAge settings and play around with them (the cursor settings and the input settings), but it didn't get better. How am I supposed to use this if I don't know where I'm drawing and I can't see the lines as I'm drawing them?

I'd appreciate any (explicit) instructions or advice on how to fix this.

The 3.5.4 version wasn't compatible with 10.9 when it was released but you can download 3.5.11 which should work fine. You can find details on how to do that here: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?41712
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

THANKS! This helped!

This did not help me. I've upgraded to Mac OS X 10.10 about a week ago and I've been using ArtRage Studio 3.5.4 for no problem at all until an hour ago. I downloaded the new version as the support suggested and tried rebooting and reinstalling and none of them helped.

When I first start application, it's fine and cursor works well. But if I choose functions such as tracing, import reference image, creating new file, etc. the application freezes and does not track my cursor. And I can't modify settings or exit. It is very odd because it had been working really well with new OS for a week. I didn't download files or install other programs to my computer.

EDIT: Now there is an error that says
    An error occurred on attempting to create an object

A requested panel could not be constructed, you may need to restart application

- restarting application and rebooting the computer didn't help
    Last edited by yong; 10-28-2014 at 05:28 AM. Reason: new error note

Could you send an email to support@artrage.com and describe what you are doing when that error occurs and we can look in to some troubleshooting steps for you, we're not able to replicate the problems you describe here currently in 10.10 with 3.5.11.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Update: We have identified the problem that was occurring here and have just uploaded an update to ArtRage 3.5 (Studio and Studio Pro) to resolve it. This update (3.5.12) can be downloaded from the Member Area and should avoid problems that could occur preventing ArtRage visual updates after an OS dialog such as Load or Save was displayed.

The 3.5.12 update is only required for Mac OS X 10.10 users, Windows users do not need to update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.