ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Crash when trying to install 4.5

Question Crash when trying to install 4.5

Hi Guys,

Would love to install the new 4.5 update - I own 4.0. When I double click the .exe windows file (64 bit, non-xp)... I get a message error pop up "The folder path 'Program Files (x86) contains an invalid character' then the install crashes. Never had any prob with my Program files (x86) folder before; I'm on Windows 7.

adding screenshot. Please advise. Thanks!

Name:  error.png
Views: 63
Size:  9.4 KB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”
    ― Mark Twain, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

I've not seen that before but it looks like your OS may be having a problem with drive allocations. The error is generated by Windows itself rather than ArtRage and appears to indicate that the Windows Installer system isn't able to properly remove the previous version of the product, possibly due to registry corruption.

The first thing to try is Microsoft's utility for fixing Windows installer problems:

http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/p..._and_uninstall

Use that system to clean up any references to ArtRage on the system currently then try again. If that doesn't help we can look in to it further but it appears that this error can affect basically any installer and there doesn't appear to be a hard and fast solution for it. So, if you do need further assistance please contact support@artrage.com and we can see if we can do anything to resolve it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Wrote another question earlier but nvm - fixed, thanks!
    Last edited by Tigermoth; 10-17-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”
    ― Mark Twain, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court