ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Photoshop Brush Import Problems

Photoshop Brush Import Problems

I seem to be having some problems with the Photoshop Brush importing. I'm running ArtRage 4.5.2 and Photoshop CC 2014 which is 64bit. I also have Photoshop CC for 32bit. It seems I can only import the brushes from the 32bit version. The brushes from the 64bit version won't load. Here is the screen shot of the box:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	83585

Any thoughts on why the brushes from the 64bit aren't loading, but the 32bit are?

Thanks so much for the help.

Terry Dana Jachimiak II
    The Theatre Professor

Quick update, it seems to happen with the 32bit brushes as well, after I upload the first one. So no idea what is causing it.

Terry Dana Jachimiak II
    The Theatre Professor

I think all depends on the brush itself,after reading your concern i fired up my Artrage 64 bit loaded a PS brush (butterfly3_brushes_by_hawksmont) whom where made for PS CC2 and they seems to work!!! lately i had downloaded brushes that where made in 32 and 64 bit....non of them worked;( .So i guess its a work or not work, thats the question lol, i mean ofcourse trial and error.
    BTW....thank you for making the videos about Artrage 4.xx,i'm sure a lot of people gone enjoy and learn from it

I don't have Photoshop but I have successfully intalled PS brushes I have downloaded from DeviantArt, etc. I'm using 64bit AR4.5
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Yeah, it seems sometimes it'll work, other times it won't. And this is with the same brush. If I shutdown and restart the program, I usually can get it to work again. I'll keep messing with it for now.

And Rondo, thanks for checking out the videos. I love doing them, and you'll see many more in the future.
    Terry Dana Jachimiak II

Have you tried using the 32 bit brushes with the 32 bit version of ArtRage 4.5? (You should be able to find ArtRage 32bit as an option in your start menu). In theory, the 32 bit brushes won't work with 64 bit ArtRage at all.

But in general, yes, it depends very much on the brush you are trying to use.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I downloaded and installed several sets of PS brushes from BrushKing (http://www.brushking.eu/) today and all of them worked fine with AR 4.5.2 64-bit.