ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Soft dots not registering in playback.

Soft dots not registering in playback.

I have posted something similar on this forum before, but I have spotted the issue again when I am applying a very light dot as a couple of points of light in some eyes.

This is what the playback should look like :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puppy.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	475.5 KB 
ID:	83574

But this is what it looks like after the replay (note the absence of eye light on the left eye and the diminished light on the right). Both of which I was using the oil brush with a light touch to dot the light.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puppy-replayed.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	470.1 KB 
ID:	83575

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    I thought I'd try to put both images on layers and flip between them. I've attached a video. It is not just the highlights in the eyes, around the nose and in some areas of the fur.

I did a test recording with my own drawing using the oil brush and dabbing a pure white highlight with a 15% brush size (all on the same layer) and it had no problem replicating itself. Don't know what is going on with your painting.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Oooooh. I have ArtRage on both a Windows 8 machine and a Mac. I created a new default painting size 1280x800 dpi 72 selected the oil brush and the preset Normal Round (This is just for reproduction, I suspect that it is not a preset issue). I turned on the recording and then dabbed 5 points diagonally, saved the script and then replayed.

On the Mac it replays correctly, however on Windows 8, I don't see any dots.

I am using ArtRage 4.5.2 on both Windows and the Mac. I use a Wacom Intuos Pro Small tablet.

Cheers.

That's very good to know! Can you send us the script file with all the details in one place so that we can have a poke around and see what might be happening? There are a few ongoing script issues that we're fixing as they come up.

Email to support@artrage.com
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!