ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is it possible to import a .ptg into another .ptg file?

Exclamation Is it possible to import a .ptg into another .ptg file?

I'm working on a huge project and would like to collect various paintings into a single painting for organization purposes (to export a single painting to photoshop and group into layer folders). Is there any easy way to do this? I can import a .ptg exported as a .tif, but it flattens the layers, which is not helpful. Or I can import it layer by layer, but that is incredibly time-consuming, as it means exporting layer by layer as well. I need all the original painting detail and alpha channels. Am I missing something?

When I've needed elements from different AR files I just open up more instances of AR and then copy/past what I need for the file being added to.
    No, it's not a one click solution but it dose work.
    You can then export your AR painting as an .psd file for use in Photoshop.
    Note, paint wetness and depth info will be lost as Photoshop can't use it.
    Last edited by markw; 10-08-2014 at 04:56 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    When I've needed elements from different AR files I just open up more instances of AR and then copy/past what I need for the file being added to.
    No, it's not a one click solution but it dose work.
    Holy cow! You can do that?? That works, better than my current workaround. Thanks!!

I wanted to maintain all paint info in a master doc, before exporting to photoshop and assembling there. Saves me a step, as I'm actually importing the photoshop file to After Effects.

Is there any way to copy whole layer groups at once between open documents or is that just wishful thinking?

And a feature request...

Quote Originally Posted by fstopdigital View Post
    Holy cow! You can do that?? That works, better than my current workaround. Thanks!!

I wanted to maintain all paint info in a master doc, before exporting to photoshop and assembling there. Saves me a step, as I'm actually importing the photoshop file to After Effects.

Yep, that's currently the only way to do this. I had to rescue a painting recently by copying the entire background from the backup over to the current version (where I had accidentally merged it into something else).

You can import PTG files, but it will really just import the PNG image used for previews (which is a great way to rescue an image from a damaged file, by the way).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!