ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitting High Notes

Hitting High Notes

ok this was kinda of a big swerve to the right as far as what I have been doing, It think it was caused by too much sun yesterday... or listening to older jazz? anyway hopefully you find something you enjoy in it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hitting High Notes-2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	502.3 KB 
ID:	83471  

Ach! I can see yoor confusion, laddie. High notes - highlands. . . they sound related, sounds comin' from the Argyle region.

Good on ye, Gary. All the vitamin D from the sun has a pronounced effect on the paint brushes.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Ah it was the wee droppa Laphroaig

DAkey... ah I think you stumbled on to the unconscious desire for a taste of single malt, I will confess to having a taste for Laphroaig... love the smoky peaty quality... which lead me to this next work. It is a little fuzzy, not sure why that would be...

just for fun check this out http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/laphro...ospital-158069
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argyle Jumble-2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	451.7 KB 
ID:	83472  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 10-06-2014 at 07:02 AM.

It's different.....

Hi Gary,
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Gary. All the vitamin D from the sun has a pronounced effect on the paint brushes.
    The sun the jazz, a change in the temperature..It's all good!
    Don't know if to much sun or 'All that jazz' is going make you hit those high notes ....Might make you swerve to the right if you were changing the station on the car radio while driving...just get back on the road and take it easy today. It's a good one, I' am missing your vibrant colors though.
    'Abstract and music'...made me think of Alfred Gockel.
    Take care friend,
    Steve

On the second one.....

Guid efternuin Gary...
    Ah wee drop you say...Be havin' ah wee drop meself of 25 year old Glenfarclas I've got saved in the cabinet ah wee bit later.....'Gary...your colors are returning!...maybe I'll pass on my wee drop later?
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-06-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    DAkey... ah I think you stumbled on to the unconscious desire for a taste of single malt, I will confess to having a taste for Laphroaig... love the smoky peaty quality... which lead me to this next work. It is a little fuzzy, not sure why that would be...

just for fun check this out http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/laphro...ospital-158069
    HAHAHAHA

What a great link! What a genius advertising campaign. Don't know who invented garage bands wherein everybody who could hold a guitar or bang pots played songs like Louie Louie because. . . well everybody could play. And what better consciousness to get into when getting hammered than wordplay and outdoing everyone else with disgusting concepts. Brilliant in that they really nailed it.

Laphroaig is like _____ (fill in the blank)_____. . .

Be sure to use the words analogous to smoke, earthy smells (if not tastes), and what happens to one when wildly inebriated. The more colorful and off the wall, the better your score.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Guid efternuin Gary...
    Ah wee drop you say...Be havin' ah wee drop meself of 25 year old Glenfarclas I've got saved in the cabinet ah wee bit later.....'Gary...your colors are returning!...maybe I'll pass on my wee drop later?
    Steve
    Hoot. and then you'll soon continue yer weein' no doobt. . . tho you'll be advised to take it to the heeghlands tho cause it all flows downhill. . . which is no just a good idea. . . it's the law.

You caught that...did ya?....
    No be pullin' the woolies over your eyes D Akey! Hehehe......

Dear ghxpainter - I wanted to comment on your paintings but with all the banter, I can't keep a straight face.

However, I will say Iove the bright happy colours - along with the Scotch they will keep you all warm and happy in the highlands.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

A Pentagram-butterfly in the first one, so fly the music notes and their colors! The second one is an Arlequin-like patchwork which is not exactly a geometrical tiling. I like the first one in particularand I can't say if You should share credits with the sun ...LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!