ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Airbrush detects tilt azimuth, but not the angle

Airbrush detects tilt azimuth, but not the angle

I have Intuos4 A5 -tablet with a tilt and rotation sensitive art pen.

The airbrush has the "tilt angle" -setting. If I set it to 50-100%, the airbrush will appear tilted, and I can use my pen to control the direction of the tilt. However the program doesn't seem to register the angle in which I tilt. Even if I hold my pen vertically on the tablet, the airbrush will still appear tilted.. Why is this? Why do you have the tilt angle setting - why don't you read that information from my tablet?

The tilt issue has been asked many times in many forms on this forum. One post from 2011 had a reply "we will look into this in the future". That was three years ago. So what is your development roadmap and status on this issue? Have you planned changing your program architecture (rendered brushstroke thing) to support tilt better in your tools?

It feels kinda pointless to have expensive hardware if I can't use it .

That being said, your simplistic UI is simply superb!

Ps. I tried searching, but no-one seemed to ask this exact issue. I only found posts on the pencil and tilt malfunctions..

When I've used the Airbrush I mostly leave the 'Tilt Angle' set to 0%. And my pen's relative angle to the tablet always appears to me interpreted correctly. I should also add that in the Wacom's tablet preferences I normally have 'Tilt Sensitivity' set to "Normal"
    Have you tried using the Airbrush without setting a tilt angle in it's settings panel?
    That particular setting seems to me only really useful if using an input device that has no tilt sensitivity, for example a mouse.
    If the Tilt Angle is set to some percentage and you are using an impute device with "Tilt" sensitivity, then there will always come a point where that "Tilt %" will try and override the input from the tablet.
    Last edited by markw; 10-05-2014 at 01:56 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    When I've used the Airbrush I mostly leave the 'Tilt Angle' set to 0%. And my pen's relative angle to the tablet always appears to me interpreted correctly. I should also add that in the Wacom's tablet preferences I normally have 'Tilt Sensitivity' set to "Normal"
    Have you tried using the Airbrush without setting a tilt angle in it's settings panel?
    That particular setting seems to me only really useful if using an input device that has no tilt sensitivity, for example a mouse.
    If the Tilt Angle is set to some percentage and you are using an impute device with "Tilt" sensitivity, then there will always come a point where that "Tilt %" will try and override the input from the tablet.
    *facepalm*

You are totally right, thanks!

I feel really stupid right now. How didn't I realize that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekko View Post
    *facepalm*

You are totally right, thanks!

I feel really stupid right now. How didn't I realize that...?
    It's the Rule of IT: Sooner of later, everyone asks a question that is, in retrospect, staring them right in the face. It's some sort of mental blank spot. And now you have endured this rite of passage, you will never need to ask for help ever again*

*Disclaimer: that may be a slight exaggeration
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!