ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Inca girl

Inca girl

This isn't really great but for me it's a major milestone. I've always had it in my head that to be a real artist I need to be able to draw a face (I heard some artist say it). I've always felt inferior because I couldn't. This is my first half way decent one. I drew her strictly by the standard proportions like a pro would. No tracing, no reference image, just by the numbers. I'm very happy with it.
    The subject is from my head, I recently watched a documentary bout "Incan ice mummies," young girls that were sacrificed by various ways. It really broke my heart so I drew her, and since I created her, she lives happily. I've never seen an actual Inca so I had to guess. Anyway, for me she's a real milestone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inca.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	83339

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Glad you are happy with your character..she is great.. looks afraid and maybe despaired. i like it.

I think I saw that documentary as well. And she looked fairly natural after all this time. Very cool tribute to (if I recall) a human sacrifice. Essentially she gave her life for the village based on their own paradigm of the times, as I recall. It's a very alien consciousness to how we are now, and certainly not unique that humans would decide this was a good idea.

The other one that I recall from a documentary was that they found a burial site of some very long ago people (stone age, I think) and they buried a relatively young girl with hand fashioned garlands and other small things that indicate a love for a daughter, sister, friend or whatever that transcends all these years. I mean, I drive around and see candles and flowers at sites by the road where there was a fatal accident. And seeing signs from so long ago, it brings it home that these were real people like ourselves, just in different times and places. We often hear about brutality and war and this and that, but things like this shows that compassion and love was just as available to those people and a big part of that world. What a race of extreme contrasts we are.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

She is beautiful Gms9810. Her eyes tell such a story.

An intriguing painting. Looking at her features, eyes and eyelashes it would seem probable that Incas dealt with aliens in ancient times ...LOL Actually she looks quite sad. Homesick maybe?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!