ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wow, serious lag when using my Cintiq - any ideas?

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

Exclamation Wow, serious lag when using my Cintiq - any ideas?

So, I am finally free to get back on ArtRage. But, when using my Cintiq 13HD all of the brushes have a serious lag. I have to keep the stylus still and under pressure for the stroke to catchup. If I move the canvas to my main monitor and use the mouse the stroke is fast and smooth.

I've got a super 64Bit MACPRO fully loaded. I've installed three versions: 4.5.2, 4.5.1 and 4.0.6 and the earliest version is a tad smoother but it still lags. The latest Wacom drivers (6.3.7-3), NVIDIA GeForce GT 120/512MB running a Dell E196FP display and the Cintiq 13HD, main monitor on the ATI Radeon HD 5770/1024MB.

It was running great a month ago.

I can switch between ArtRage and SketchBook Pro where the stroke is fast and smooth but not on ArtRage.

Any ideas?

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

Problem solved - did not have latest drivers

I, in fact, did not have the latest Wacom driver. MacOSX - Driver 6.3.9w3 (10.7x - 10.9x)

This resolved the lag issue perfectly. YEAH!

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Haha, awesome. Well done on solving it

And yeah - any time the mouse works, but the tablet doesn't, the culprit is probably the tablet drivers.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!