ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Grapes and Pears

Gallery
    View images

Grapes and Pears

Another fruit painting using oils and palette knife. I really enjoyed doing this one because of the lighting. No tracing or cloning.

Any comments and critique are much welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    excellent still life.........do you actually sett the fruit up yourself or use ref images?

.....your grapes are better painted than mine
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Nicely done Erica. Your grapes transmit light through themselves. I love the reflected light you've done bouncing off the pears.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, enchanter...I found a reference image over at the wetcanvas image library. I don't have a good setup for painting from life with my computer as it is now. Maybe one of these days.

Thanks for your comments, Fashmir...I very grateful. It was a great reference image to work with...Unfortunately, I don't have the gift of imagination...so my painting is mostly dictated by the reference images that I find.

Gallery
    View images
    Oh brilliant. The lighting in this is just awesome. Fashmir said it - your translucency and radiosity is perfect. I also admire the way you've got the surface of the pear to appear slightly roughened where the grapes are smooth and shiny.
    This is a stunning work - I hope you're very proud of it!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Well done..

Great lighting effect and shadowing. I like much the standing pear and the way it is shadowed.
    One littl ething, I think the left side of the container needs a few touches to be realized as round.

I really enjoyed looking at this piece.

And I see that you, creationsings, are getting fascinated by painting still life. Keep it up

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Andy, your compliments mean a lot. I am quite pleased with the results.

Thirsty Eye...You are right. I hadn't really noticed the left side of the bowl was a bit off. I got lost in the rest of the piece, I suppose. I went back and updated it and this is the result. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    And yes, I'm really enjoying still life. I enjoy it because, in most cases, the light is as much the subject as the object itself. It makes it an enjoyable challenge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    the way you got the grapes really translucent is great

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    This is nice, the colors are so vibrant!

well done
    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -S. Beckett

Gallery
    View images
    hi creationsings,

another nice fruit painting.