ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is it possible to disable sensitivity?

Is it possible to disable sensitivity?

Hello everyone

I'm new here... I'm french, so I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my sentences.

I began to use ArtRage a few days ago, so I'm an absolute beginner on it. Of course I searched on the internet for every question that crosses my mind, but there is one very question to which I couldn't find any answers... So I'm taking the liberty to submit it to your community. By doing so, I hope I'm not bothering you in any way.

So! Here is my question.
    I'm using ArtRage with a graphic tablet, a Wacom Intuos. As many of you know, these tablets are endowed with a functionality that allows sensitivity : according to the pressure you exert with your stylet on the tablet, lines will be more or less coarse.

Unfortunately, I happen to dislike this functionality in the context of the drawings I'm trying to design. Therefore, I wanted to know if there was a way, in Artrage, to punctually disable this sensitivity, so that the lines I draw all have the same thickness, regardless of how I'm holding my stylet.

I imagine this is impossible but anyway, if any of you know a way to do it, please let me know !

Thank you very much for your attention.

Have a nice day!

Babadi

Salut a vous et bienvenue dans Artrage forum
    If you click the brush or the pencil you see a window popping up"settings", en top of the setting you see" pressure", that allows you to deactivate the pressure of your pen being it the oil brush or the water brush or the pencil.
    J'espere sa vous aide?

Bonjour et merci !

Unfortunately, when I reduce the "pressure" parameter down to 0%, the lines are very thin, but their thickness still varies according to the way I hold my stylet.
    I don't know if it's supposed to...

Yes some tools do allow the pen angle as well as pen pressure to effect line width.
    If you open up the Stylus Properties window for a given tool you can remove any pen properties that you do not want by clicking on the small X for that property and saving the change.
    I would recommend making your own collections/presets of tools like this so that you can quickly swop between tools should you want those properties back at any point as you work.
    My screen shot shows the default settings for the Pencil tool. Although it doesn't have pressure sensitivity it dose have Tilt sensitivity which will effect line width.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PenProperties.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	83231  
    Last edited by markw; 09-25-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)