ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Friends

Best Friends

I thought I'd check in with my painting which has taken me "FOREVER" :-). I used a reference photo which was taken with a cheap old phone. Very little colour and lots of noise. It was such a lovely photo of my daughter and her beloved dog that I decided that I would try a bit of realism. I think I stuffed up a bit with shadows but she loves it - so does Lippy the dog, so that's what counts. I used oils and my palette knife.

I have also been involved with some photography courses which I have found very informative for future references I may wish to take for my paintings :-). They have taken some time too.

Anyway, thought I'd share it ....... hope you like it ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You made an excellent job on Your picture! The outcome is wonderful indeed. Natural pose and richly colorful painting.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Simply lovely painting. You've captured the folds so well, all of the many in this painting. Great job

Hello Vandra..... "FOREVER" paid off, you've done a great job creating a lovely painting of your daughter and her beloved Lippy....Nicely done!
    Steve

Totally delightful Vandra and so well painted.

Thanks everyone.

Yes Hildi, there are a lot of folds :-). It was difficult to make out which blanket/sheet was which from the photo but I think they all merged in. I've had a canvas print made for her birthday.

Beautiful painting.
    Cheers
    Maureen ❇

My Gallery

A very spontaneous pose ..Beautiful scene. nicely done

Turned out quite well...Is this like Painter's clone painting type of a technique? If so I wasn't aware ArtRage was capable of this... Awesome painting none the less....

So wonderful. If dogs designed their perfect world, this is what it would look like.

Great job. She's got to be over the moon with this one.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream