ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Script playback problem with sticker spray undo and soft touch dots.

Script playback problem with sticker spray undo and soft touch dots.

I have noticed a difference in a painting I have done and the script played back version.

I was using ArtRage 4.5 on a Windows 8 machine.

What it should look like :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Troll.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	476.0 KB 
ID:	83185

and what the image is like when played back :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Troll_Playback.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	476.0 KB 
ID:	83186

During this painting I was trialling different sticker sprays, which meant I would undo frequently and rapidly any sticker spray strokes. I noticed that in the sticker spray to the right of the face that I had performed a rapid succession of undos. I managed to fix this aspect by finding the correct raft of undos in the script file and adding another. I have noticed this issue in another painting I have done recently too.

I then noticed another issue in that the left eye does not contain a second dot of light, the right eye dots are slightly smaller and some white dots on the teeth haven't come through. I'm pretty sure that with this I used the Oil brush fairly large and just lightly dotted to get the effect. I also noticed that down the right hand side of the face I lightly dotted small points of light, some of which didn't seem to be replayed.

I have the ptg file if requested, hope this information helps.

Cheers.

Are you using the latest update, 4.5.2? This fixes a few playback problems in Scripts.

If not, try downloading it and running the Script again.

If you are using that version already, can you send the Script over to support@artrage.com for research purposes? (I promise no animals will be harmed in the testing).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Yes I am using version 4.5.2. I have just sent an email with the attached script.

Thanks.