ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Waters

Crystal Waters

I hope the colors from this spring bring you some enjoyment today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crystal Waters.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	489.0 KB 
ID:	83158  

What's this I spy in these clear waters....

Is that a diamond cut ruby sitting right there in your Crystal waters Gary?
    Lost for years, searched for and never found...until now!, grab it...snatch that puppy up!
    This is the one that has the taurus image that can be seen through top facet...
    Nice one.....Dig it!
    Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G_nr6gRlUo

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!! It speaks to me of a target put together in a very jazzy, artistic sensibility. I really like the brush strokes and the process painting feel of it -- very energetic and aggressive. Super evocative.

I favor this style and appreciate when you do it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sparkalarkalarkaling! Very bright and wonderfully uplifting Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Is that a diamond cut ruby sitting right there in your Crystal waters Gary?
    Lost for years, searched for and never found...until now!, grab it...snatch that puppy up!
    This is the one that has the taurus image that can be seen through top facet...
    Nice one.....Dig it!
    Steve
    excellent Steve, yes there is a beautiful crystal ruby lying in the water for you to take!... all the light passing through it and reflecting and illuminating the world around it.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G_nr6gRlUo

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!! It speaks to me of a target put together in a very jazzy, artistic sensibility. I really like the brush strokes and the process painting feel of it -- very energetic and aggressive. Super evocative.

I favor this style and appreciate when you do it.
    thanks dear friend, I like that musical link , must have been playing in the back of my mind for this one. this started out playing with some tube paint and pallet knife work that AndreaMG mentioned in his thread as to how he got the splatter and rough texturing in some of his new work. I was not very successful in getting that effect however I did like the thickly painted quality that emerged and I kept it here.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Sparkalarkalarkaling! Very bright and wonderfully uplifting Gary!
    Robyn you made me laugh with this comment, wonderful word you invented!...

Hi Gary as you know I rarely look at your paintings only as I Don't realy understand them but the

name Crystal water's made me look and was pleasently surprised as I could imagine it at 6'x4'

hanging in a large lounge possible in a black frame to show the colours hightened but like Steve

I could see a Ram bellowing in pain as the Lion clawes his back thanks for the showing

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Gary as you know I rarely look at your paintings only as I Don't realy understand them but the

name Crystal water's made me look and was pleasently surprised as I could imagine it at 6'x4'

hanging in a large lounge possible in a black frame to show the colours hightened but like Steve

I could see a Ram bellowing in pain as the Lion clawes his back thanks for the showing
    dearest eighty+, I am very thrilled that you stopped by for a comment , I follow your thread and over the past few years have marveled at your improvement, laughed at your commentary with others on this forum, somehow it makes me very happy that you took up painting, drawing later in life, proves that it is never too late. Glad you like this one

Lovely stylization of the sun over the ocean

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunset.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	83181
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Love your colours in this one Gary, so bold and vibrant.

The title of this piece makes me want to go "La Da Dee, La Do Da, La Da Dee, La Do Da"

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Lovely stylization of the sun over the ocean

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunset.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	83181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    Love your colours in this one Gary, so bold and vibrant.

The title of this piece makes me want to go "La Da Dee, La Do Da, La Da Dee, La Do Da"

Amazing, between AndreaMG's image and Bertrude's music video by "Crystal Waters".... I think we
    have an old time hippy happening!...