ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flute Song - Yellows

Flute Song - Yellows

Music is a great source of inspiration for me, and for this one a flute was playing softly in the background so I let it take me
    to this place... hope you enjoy it as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flute Song=Yellows.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	83134  

As a flutist gently plays.....

Hi Gary.....Your inspiration for 'Yellows' has delivered me to a Warm and comfortable place...very enjoyable to behold....For me music is a companion while painting, not distracting nor demanding.... but sometimes letting me know whats on its mind....
    Nicely done friend, going on my wall!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 09-21-2014 at 09:23 AM.

thanks dear friend, I am glad this little work has delivered you into a warm and inviting space... much like an Indian summer, take good care..

Despite the warm colors it looks an ice scupture illuminated by a flame to me, another treasure
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

If I may be so bold. . . all yours, I've done nothing except crop -- a sort of cosmic mining expedition. If you ever run short of ideas, consider these AMAZING universes you're painting. . . (hope you don't mind. They're still all yours, just this is a way to communicate to you what I'm seeing and it might give you some ideas for exploration within rather than without. And when you find a good composition, you can work up paintings based on them. . . if you care to. Just a thought. Enjoy!)

Don't know what they call it but it's like baking bread having the yeast in the old kitchens that keeps growing and the baker taking a pinch to mix in with the new bread. I mean you can keep the colors, change them, add to it. . . etc. this is just for starters. One of the advantages of abstracts.

So any or all of these (and you would possibly do it with any of your other work, past or future) and do whole new paintings based on any of the ones you cropped differently. Remember the old fractal experience? Where you would zoom in a portion and it would be fully formed in a new composition? and you could forever keep moving around and zooming in on whole new dynamics. I used to get lost in them for a time. But the idea still holds some interest that one is walking on gold that's just slightly out of sight but can be had easily enough. One of the advantages to cropping is it sometimes gives clarification for composition where the drama of a few well chosen shapes can cohere diverse elements. And then when you start manipulating color with the textures and shapes in place. . . it's pretty exciting for the artist. I was messing with one of these, just playing around and it was rockin! I would never show it to anyone. More for satisfying my curiosity, but I saw you all over this process. Go man GO!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-22-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Despite the warm colors it looks an ice scupture illuminated by a flame to me, another treasure
    AndreaMG ..ah yes I see that, the reflected tonally reduced shapes and colors within the form.... very apt comparison ,

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    If I may be so bold. . . all yours, I've done nothing except crop -- a sort of cosmic mining expedition. If you ever run short of ideas, consider these AMAZING universes you're painting. . . (hope you don't mind. They're still all yours, just this is a way to communicate to you what I'm seeing and it might give you some ideas for exploration within rather than without. And when you find a good composition, you can work up paintings based on them. . . if you care to. Just a thought. Enjoy!)

Don't know what they call it but it's like baking bread having the yeast in the old kitchens that keeps growing and the baker taking a pinch to mix in with the new bread. I mean you can keep the colors, change them, add to it. . . etc. this is just for starters. One of the advantages of abstracts.

So any or all of these (and you would possibly do it with any of your other work, past or future) and do whole new paintings based on any of the ones you cropped differently. Remember the old fractal experience? Where you would zoom in a portion and it would be fully formed in a new composition? and you could forever keep moving around and zooming in on whole new dynamics. I used to get lost in them for a time. But the idea still holds some interest that one is walking on gold that's just slightly out of sight but can be had easily enough. One of the advantages to cropping is it sometimes gives clarification for composition where the drama of a few well chosen shapes can cohere diverse elements. And then when you start manipulating color with the textures and shapes in place. . . it's pretty exciting for the artist. I was messing with one of these, just playing around and it was rockin! I would never show it to anyone. More for satisfying my curiosity, but I saw you all over this process. Go man GO!!!!!!!!!
    What a treat!... I was excited to see the way the you zeroed in and cropped parts of this image, creating yet a whole new world from it. In viewing your crops new variations flooded in my mind... so much so I had to back off and come back again taking it slowly.. just so you know I frequently take early stages ( I save often and early ) of various works for starting points, sometimes cropping out an interesting section to begin a new journey.. thanks dear friend for your exploration of this piece.

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    From Andrea: Despite the warm colors it looks an ice scupture illuminated by a flame to me, another treasure
    From Gary: AndreaMG ..ah yes I see that, the reflected tonally reduced shapes and colors within the form.... very apt comparison . . .
    Funny enough, when I was doing this cropping it reminded me of ice swans at a wedding -- center piece kind of thing. Definitely ice and sunrise or fire getting picked up in it. It's cropped off the head, but it's a profile of the ice sculpture. . . to my eye anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yes another great one don't no why but it reminded for some reason of deep sea Fish

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Yes another great one don't no why but it reminded for some reason of deep sea Fish
    thanks eighty+, abstracts can not usually be understood in a normal sense , but they can and should be felt and trigger something, no telling what it might be... a deep sea fish works for me

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    This is no fluke, Mr Ploos, but in a way, right you are. I wonder if he meant a fluke song, rather than a flute song. . . must be rapture of the deep. . .

A fluke:

http://www.nbssportfishing.com/vBfor...6&d=1341582675