ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sticker spray pen pressure to alpha setting.

Sticker spray pen pressure to alpha setting.

I have just started to fiddle around with the sticker spray a little more and therefore I am trying to figure out the values in the spray variation grid.

My aim is to get a texture I have created to be applied fainter on the canvas when less pressure is applied. I have changed the Pen Pressure -> Alpha setting to +100 percent with no opacity changes being noticeable when applying a variable pressure. Interestingly when I change to -100 percent I do see changes in the opacity but in exactly the opposite way I would like. I have had a look at the manual but can't find the information I need.

I would be grateful for any advice on those sticker spray experts out there.

I'm not sure I would call myself a Sticker Spray expert, but…
    Have you set a 'Bass Value' for 'Alpha'? That will affect how the 'Pen Pressure' column will react. I would start off without any 'Bass Value' first and just use the 'Pen Pressure' column to start with.
    Low "plus" numbers (green) should give you more transparency/fainter lines than high "plus" numbers.
    I usually find the "negative" numbers (purple) not very useful with regards Alpha and pen pressure but it all depends...
    If you haven't already, have a look at some of the stock AR Sticker Spray brush settings, say the 'Art Brushes' Bristle 1 and fiddle with it's Alpha settings as a starting point.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)