ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixer Pad

Mixer Pad

It would be nice if a mixer pad were included in AR. I enjoy mixing and using a blend of colours.

Hi koalablue, ask and you shall receive!
    Effectively this already exists in AR4 by using the Scraps feature.
    Open a new Scrap, splurge some colours on it and start mixing.
    When you have the colour you want, you can pick it from the Scrap by holding down the alt or Option key to temporarily activate the colour picker then click on the new colour to load it.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

The scraps are actually great for this! You can have several mixing pads with several scraps. And the scraps have undo / redo features too which I've been missing in Painter's mixer pad. However with real color blending on ArtRage sonetimes produces strangely oversatureated color...

I did try this but it's not the same as a proper mixer palette.

Quote Originally Posted by koalablue View Post
    I did try this but it's not the same as a proper mixer palette.
    I would be interested in hearing what is missing from the scraps pallet that you are looking for.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Question

Folks, it may sound strange but what are "scraps"?

I'm using a non-english version and have difficulties to identify this function as the dictionary delivers results that I can't find in AR...

Hi Bertie
    In the English AR manual, page 88 explains Scraps. But here's a screenshot of the relevant info.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 22.09.31.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	83041
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Ah, well, me being stupid... *head2wall*

Thank you for your kind help, markw, appreciate it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fashmir View Post
    I would be interested in hearing what is missing from the scraps pallet that you are looking for.
    Just my tuppence worth, but it would be nice if you could scale your brush size whilst working on a scrap (and it also show the size outline). It's rather unintuitive to have to go over to the main canvas or use the keyboard shortcuts when a simple shift-drag should do.

It might be that any brush size changes made on the scrap are independent from the main painting too, so as to not alter a brush that might currently be set up correctly in the main picture.
    Last edited by Bertrude; 09-16-2014 at 11:33 AM.

I just find using a scrap to mix paint not the best. On the canvas paint dabs are laid down then a mixer tool is used to blend paint. I've tried to do it with the various palette knives but not successfully. A proper mixer palette would be fabulous in this software.

The only way one can increase the brush size is by clicking in Tool Size then adding a figure, whereas on the canvas one can use the Shift key and move in or out to resize the brush. This isn't available on scrap. I have to do two things, come off scrap to the canvas increase the size on the canvas then paint on the scrap. This isn't a major problem at all and I can live with this.

cheers
    Maureen