ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swasbuckler's Ball Poster

Swasbuckler's Ball Poster

Here is the 2014 Swashbuckler's Ball poster I did (mostly) in ArtRage 4.5. I did use Adobe Photoshop CC2014 for some things having to do with non-destructive editing near the end of the project. I also used Alien Skin 'Exposure' to put that decay patina on the outer edges. The Symmetry tool was VERY handy making those pistols. I hand drew the typography from fonts laid out in PS and made into stencils for the basic outline shapes. There is more about this project on their website www.swashbucklersball.com
    I hope you enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWB_Poster_2014sm.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	83011
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Ah, Another pirate among us! Looks like the map was put to good use. Really well done and thanks for explaining the steps taken for this great result.

Thanks Enug. Now that I think about it, I should have said the symmetry tool was also handy for the filigree top and bottom as well as the band banner in the lower section.
    Be well,

I like this very much. Excellent detail work.

It's an amazing outcome indeed, dear Fashmir! Welcome back for sharing it! It looks your beard got a little platinum-blonder ...LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It's an amazing outcome indeed, dear Fashmir! Welcome back for sharing it! It looks your beard got a little platinum-blonder ...LOL
    Hi Caesar! Thanks for looking in and for your kind comment. Yeah the beard just keeps getting whiter and whiter. ;-)
    Be well,

very nice work Fashmir, I think it is a good sign for AR that it is finding it way into the professional's workflow as you demonstrated here..

Makes me wanna be there Very cool
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

gxhpainter- Thanks! I've actually been using AR for pro work since V2. It has gotten so much easier of late with the better speeds and variety of tools.

AndreaMG- Meeee tooo! I've never been to the Ball before, but this year they've given my wife and I free tickets. Yaaaaay!

Alexandra- Thanks for that! Good to see you too. I miss being on the forums as much as I used to. The majority of people on here as regulars don't even know me. The good news is, ArtRage is partly to blame! I'm so busy doing work in AR that I don't spend as much time online, so, it's kind of a win. Still... I miss you all.
    Be well,