ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Gridface Darth

Gridface Darth

I have been fiddling around with the new grid feature, and submitted this to the DeviantArt group grid contest.

Cheers,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Square Face.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	82999  

I like it, especially the use of dark grays and black , a very interesting composition...

Awesome. I really like this and I love the interesting approach you've taken. It's like the Star Wars edition of Tetris

Congrats for your result in the Panda competition too.

Awesome. Almost archetypical in that it sort of resembles something conscious, but cold and hard and of a completely different species. Scary as hell in that it truly does seem pitiless. When George Lucas came up with Darth Vader and made him look like a Nazi Black Knight, I know that's what he was going for, but it didn't affect me with that level of menace that your image has. . . for me. I always saw Darth Vader as a bit campy where I could blow his cover and when they called "Lunch" on the set, he would take off the helmet and go to the catering truck like everybody else. Yours is inaccessible in that I could expect no mercy from this one. . . and I think when they called "Lunch", I would be the breakfast burrito.

Very cool!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

and here is the speed painting :

http://youtu.be/1ORK1QYp8aY

A very cool and mysterious image. I will watch the video to see your process when I have a minute more to spare.

"Your skills may be of great use to the Empire. *Releases Force choke* An audience with the emperor will be arranged."

Nice work . . .
    I'm an artist. I draw flies . . .

A most intriguing outcome! Cool!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!