ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siddhartha Statue

Siddhartha Statue

I used one of someonesane's pencil stickers for this one (Bn2a from his Pencil Pack set) and used a watercolour overlay texture from a user on deviantart to give it some grunge:

http://absinthes-stock.deviantart.co...ock-5-60822722

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buddha-Tex-Reduced.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	82902

Fantastic....Really like this! The lighting and shadows are striking.....texturing..very cool!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

a fantastic job on this. looks like a stone sculpture in dramatic light... love the colors and subject.

Hi Bertrude I was'nt attool suprised what they Dig up in Yorkshire
    nice one I did look at your texture's but got so left with nothing POZDRAWSKI

Thank you all, much appreciated

It's the texture that really added a lot to the picture if I'm being honest. Here's my painting before the texture layer, a much more basic greyscale affair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buddha-Greys-Reduced.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	82908

@ eighty+
    I've taken that to mean you weren't sure how to apply the texture. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'll try to explain briefly if I may. Textures are pretty easy to apply, although not always easy to predict. In this case, I loaded the texture image (it could be anything really - some paint splats, a photo of a concrete or rocky surface for example) as a new layer. This was then scaled it to fit, and the blend mode of the layer changed to 'overlay'. It looked best to me, although some others were interesting too. The various blend modes (accessed through the menu in the layers palette) basically change how the layer then reacts with those visible underneath it. They're well worth experimenting with if you feel the urge

I do like the grey version as well, do not diminish your painting! The texture did not magically happened, you applied it! Congrats
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

It's a very interesting painting Bertrude and the texture gave a wonderful result but couldn't have worked on it's own. I really appreciate it when the artist explains how the result was achieved. I have used an overlay texture on watercolours but never like this.

Amazing painting, powerfully statuesque!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like this very much. You've captured an aged look which isn't always easy to do.

Use all resources available to get your end result. It's a lovely painting.