ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My new WP blog and ArtRage

My new WP blog and ArtRage

I have just started a new WordPress blog about my illustration and work in making Pictures Story Books and apps (iPad and Android) for young people. The blog will also be about the digital and analogue Tech I use. That's when ArtRage comes in. I have been using Painter for illustrating a long time, 20 years or so. ArtRage for 10 years. I also use Photoshop, mostly for editing photos, not so much for painting and illustrating. Photoshop is also good for animations, I use it for that a little. ClipStudioEX is good for multiple pages layouts. A Storybook can be 24, 32 or even over single 40 pages, sometimes also double spread. So ClipStudioEX is invaluable for the over all layout, text, graphics and such.

I think I will use ArtRage for colouring my graphite on paper drawings this time. And that's why my new blog might be interesting for fellow ArtRagers. I will write and publish images from my work with my StoryBooks / Apps there. About ArtRage and a Little more. Right now it is all in Swedish. I hope to translate most of it into English. So if you are interested, here is the blog adress: http://www.pennaochpensel.se

The name of the blog is translated into English: Pencil & Brush. This picture was painted in ArtRage 4.5. A bigger one is here: Lily

Name:  liljan.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  73.8 KB
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 09-08-2014 at 06:44 AM.

What a wonderful blog - I can see that I will learn a lot about watercolours from reading. Already I have saved one of your presets. No problems about it being in Swedish - Google does a good job of translating.

Good read Henry. I love the picture of the Hedgehog at the bottom, it's so adorable

Google does indeed do a good job, here's a link to the english one.

The translation at the end of the 5th paragraph of your post 'My digital method of watercolor than once' made me smile.

Red face blame Google, not me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    Good read Henry. I love the picture of the Hedgehog at the bottom, it's so adorable Google does indeed do a good job, here's a link to the english one. The translation at the end of the 5th paragraph of your post 'My digital method of watercolor than once' made me smile.
    Please blame Google, not me, I would never use that word ... "mess it up" is more like the language I use.

Enug and Bertrude, thank you for noticing my blog. I am studying my own method and thought I like to share it, if there is an interest

Dig your style, Henry. Very nice artwork.

The lightweight blogstyle is also pleasant. Too sad it's not in English but that's only a 'problem' regarding your ArtRage-related posts. The images themselves speak their own well recognizable language.

Thank you Henry for sharing your artistic knowledge and experiences. I shall really look forward to visiting your blog from time to time.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

I'll echo the comments made so far. I admire those who can appreciate the effects and have the time to experiment with blending modes; I just don't seem to be able to make them 'work' for me. I too follow your posts with interest Henry, and your blog is very instructive and inspiring. However, I have tried to follow your watercolour instructions and have managed to get lost! I created the canvas using your .png texture (wasserfarbe2) but just don't know whether I have grasped the ensuing explanation correctly. I can't seem to visualise what it is that I should have as an end result.

If it's not too much to ask, would it be possible to re-post the instructions with visuals? This would be a great help to me - and perhaps others who also struggle a bit with the technical aspects of AR.

Thanks again Henry for your encouraging input to the forums.

LL

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Len View Post

If it's not too much to ask, would it be possible to re-post the instructions with visuals?....

LL
    I will see to that as fast as there is time for me to do it. I will... Thank you for your interest.

You are most kind. As and when you are able will be just fine.

Many thanks,

Paul