ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Arrows

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Arrows

    a simple concept shape, given texture and colors, playing with some neutral tones.. hope this gets the point across..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arrows.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	500.5 KB 
ID:	82835  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Bullseye on the pun. . . Yessir, had my toes cringing. . . The sign of a real hum-dinger, I reckon <spitooi! DING!>

    The arrowhead's keen enough to split the apple high upon Jasper Johns' noggin'. Nice use of shape. Oddly enough (yet again) I was just studying up on the making of primitive bows and arrows. Fascinating process. I mean there were (probably) no Big 5 Sporting Goods around and they had to craft it much like you did with this painting -- from scratch. . . or rather from chips. Really a fascinating process.

    As probably was the painting of this one. Love the shape. It's sort of Pop Art and not. Your offsetting the shape and all the contrast in the paint puts it into a different category (to my limited understanding of the genre.) And so to me it's like a cross between Pop while using a more interesting design sensibility.

    Kewl! Between your tribute to the Native American Indian and Enug's Fun Fun Fun view down the Rabbit Hole, Peter Pinckney's got to be in Hog Heaven.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    50
    I wouldn't have seen it but with the title it becomes clear. Like the effects that make the arrow(s) interesting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,035
    Hello Gary...... Great colors, like you mixed your orange creme soda with the grape soda, probably wouldn't be to tasty but love those colors.... Really digging the underlining textures as well....but for me having arrows pointing me in the right directions all my life I still managed to get lost every once in awhile. Yours is easy to follow......Wait wait wait! Yours is pointing downwards, hope that doesn't mean anything? Hold on...had my laptop upside down......now its pointed upwards....Heavenly wishful thinking!
    All this means is that I really like the painting....
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 09-06-2014 at 12:47 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,004
    I get lost with abstract paintings but you have simplified this one so even I can get it. The textures are amazing.

    I used to partake in archery competitively when younger so this hits the spot with me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Bullseye on the pun. . . Yessir, had my toes cringing. . . The sign of a real hum-dinger, I reckon <spitooi! DING!>

    The arrowhead's keen enough to split the apple high upon Jasper Johns' noggin'. Nice use of shape. Oddly enough (yet again) I was just studying up on the making of primitive bows and arrows. Fascinating process. I mean there were (probably) no Big 5 Sporting Goods around and they had to craft it much like you did with this painting -- from scratch. . . or rather from chips. Really a fascinating process.

    As probably was the painting of this one. Love the shape. It's sort of Pop Art and not. Your offsetting the shape and all the contrast in the paint puts it into a different category (to my limited understanding of the genre.) And so to me it's like a cross between Pop while using a more interesting design sensibility.

    Kewl! Between your tribute to the Native American Indian and Enug's Fun Fun Fun view down the Rabbit Hole, Peter Pinckney's got to be in Hog Heaven.
    Always a pleasure to curl your toes once in a while D Akey ... I liked the idea of using simple concept shapes, I was exploring WikiArt.org and the idea that simple squares, circle lines painted with a very brushy artistic manner might yield an interesting theme for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by williamK View Post
    I wouldn't have seen it but with the title it becomes clear. Like the effects that make the arrow(s) interesting.
    thanks for popping in and commenting

    Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hello Gary...... Great colors, like you mixed your orange creme soda with the grape soda, probably wouldn't be to tasty but love those colors.... Really digging the underlining textures as well....but for me having arrows pointing me in the right directions all my life I still managed to get lost every once in awhile. Yours is easy to follow......Wait wait wait! Yours is pointing downwards, hope that doesn't mean anything? Hold on...had my laptop upside down......now its pointed upwards....Heavenly wishful thinking!
    All this means is that I really like the painting....
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Steve now you have gone and made me thirsty.. I will have to slip out to the store for a crème soda!.. I had the arrows going up , sideways and ended up having them going down ( back to earth you know ).. glad you liked this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    I get lost with abstract paintings but you have simplified this one so even I can get it. The textures are amazing.

    I used to partake in archery competitively when younger so this hits the spot with me.
    LOL..... you've got the spirit Enug .. its cool that you enjoyed this abstract, by using a simple and well known shape it takes out any confusion by the viewer about meaning and lets them enjoy the mark making and colors , which you did. so from that perspective this painting was very successful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    The concept may be simple but the realization and the impact sure is not When my time will come hope the arrow will be pointing up though Cheers
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, On., Canada
    Posts
    5,356
    Gary, wonderful texture in this

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,817
    I just like it a lot Gary. It works very well, and the colours are .... yummy!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilmington North Carolina
    Posts
    7,214
    What wonderful texture Gary, another one of your brain going super sonic lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •