ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Zooming in while canvas is rotated - keeps snapping to center

Zooming in while canvas is rotated - keeps snapping to center

I don't know if this is a bug? or if I missed something. Here goes. When I'm working on a piece and I've rotated the canvas (doesn't matter which way) to work at it from that angle and then when I zoom in either with the mouse+scroll or by CTRL and + - the entire thing snaps to center when I zoom in and prevents me from zooming into the particular region I'm working on for my painting. I'm working in AR Studio 4.5.1 64 bit (Windows 7 64-bit Pro).

When I rotate the canvas back to 0 it's then that I can zoom into the region I want to focus on, but can't do that when the canvas is rotated. EDIT: I found out that when the canvas is rotated around to 275 degrees region plus or minus 5 it tends to snap to the center of the canvas. When I'm working at let's say 327 degrees, it zooms in fine without snapping to the center, sort of. I tested rotating the canvas around in other angles and sometimes it snaps the view to the center and other times it doesn't.

Anyone else have this issue? I can't figure out what the deal is. Maybe a bug?

I may be seeing that behaviour here if I understand your description correctly but it's generally a fairly minor offset when I've been trying it. I did see one instance where there might have been a problem with it centering but I haven't been able to replicate that. We'll take a look at zooming and see if there's anything we can find in there.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    I may be seeing that behaviour here if I understand your description correctly but it's generally a fairly minor offset when I've been trying it. I did see one instance where there might have been a problem with it centering but I haven't been able to replicate that. We'll take a look at zooming and see if there's anything we can find in there.
    Thanks for looking into it. It's relatively minor, but it can be annoying at times when I want to get into the nitty-gritty details and have the canvas flipped over or on in a particular angle.